Post ya bugs

Reaction score
Bugs I've found so far:

1. Occasional unexplained exit to windows as you start a map

2. Heavy gets stuck on the Dustbowl map, between a hut and a rock wall

3. Heavy's gun sometimes jams when empty, so you can't change weapons

2. Can you get a screenshot of the exact location?

3. Need more details about this. You can't switch weapons at all? Is the gun stuck it its firing animation? If you pick up ammo, does the problem go away?

Sound cuts off when people spam voice commands.

Server goes into sudden death mode at start of rounds sometimes.

The only bug I've really noticed so far happened after a round ended while I was being ubercharged. The resulting bug caused my view to stay in the "ubercharge" mode with the pulsing blue effect at the edges of the screen for a few minutes during the next round, lasting even through death. It might have fixed itself when I changed my class.

Kanehdian said:
Also, when I press tab during the game it will crash!

That happened to me after I had changed my video options (was testing with Vsync) but was fine when I started the game again.

One bug I noticed was with the HWGuy's chaingun. If you run out of ammo shooting but don't let go of fire and then you die, the chaingun motor sound loops until you revive.

Also I got stuck against one of the cliff walls in Hydro, during a sudden death match of course. :(

I have logged enough hours playing this to say the problems so far told here wih exception of the getting stuck (i.e. Chaingun not being able to switch and game crashing )are due to your end..So far i have experienced 0 problems with all class heres my page check it out!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/oismyname/stats/TF2

Thats enough to post my opinion..Great job valve!

2. Can you get a screenshot of the exact location?

3. Need more details about this. You can't switch weapons at all? Is the gun stuck it its firing animation? If you pick up ammo, does the problem go away?

Attached.

3 - it only happened the once, just as my gun emptied completely, the click click click thing wouldn't stop until I changed weapon. Sometimes I've seen the minigun animation continue on through death, observing the muzzle flash on other players while waiting to respawn.

Attachments

• 2007_09_18.jpg
    2007_09_18.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 315
Personally I prefer reporting my bugs through the in-game Report Bug feature...faster and I can't be bothered to make a Steampowered account. Anyways, I've had several so far:

1. If I put my graphics level above DirectX 8.1, and/or the model and texture settings above Medium, the game will have a computer-locking looping sound crash after a few minutes play, even if my graphics card can play smoothly at those settings.

2. If I log into Friends so that I can play with a name other than "Unknown", game crashes to desktop at the end of each round or when I view the scoreboard.

3. When I choose to play as Medic, I'd sometimes get a weird transparent scroll bar floating in the middle and slightly to the left of the screen. Minor annoyance, but still a bug.

4. For some reason, my video settings are never saved. I have to set them each time I start the game. Annoying.

Couldn't the first problem relate to possibly overheating issues? Not sure what card/system you've got, have you ever had any problems with it before?

I've had similar troubles with Ep. 1, which I solved simply by going down to DirectX 8.1. Haven't experienced anything of the sort with any pre-Ep.1 Source game or any other game, even when playing on significantly higher settings.

Also, if it was an overheating problem, the entire Pc would restart...in my case, it crashes, but I can still move the mouse, Alt + Tab (although that only stops the looping sound), etc...I just can't see anything apart from the frozen game screen.

I've had similar troubles with Ep. 1, which I solved simply by going down to DirectX 8.1. Haven't experienced anything of the sort with any pre-Ep.1 Source game or any other game, even when playing on significantly higher settings.

Also, if it was an overheating problem, the entire Pc would restart...in my case, it crashes, but I can still move the mouse, Alt + Tab (although that only stops the looping sound), etc...I just can't see anything apart from the frozen game screen.

I know of a lot of games when I play and somehow over heat, the game crashes, and everything is back to normal, hence why I stated that.

Then that's a possibility...still, the game doesn't seem to be struggling at all, and I can play other Source games on higher settings for extended periods of time.

I also just got a Direct3D crash, saying that I don't have enough video memory and should lower the settings. As if I haven't done that already.

Then that's a possibility...still, the game doesn't seem to be struggling at all, and I can play other Source games on higher settings for extended periods of time.

I also just got a Direct3D crash, saying that I don't have enough video memory and should lower the settings. As if I haven't done that already.

Oh, I'm not saying it is the problem, I'm just stating why I put that possibility out there. If I'm not mistaken, you said your video card is a dx7 card? That might be a possibility for some problems? If that's not you or the card you're talking about, never mind.

4. For some reason, my video settings are never saved. I have to set them each time I start the game. Annoying.

If you manually set the DXlevel, then it goes to the default video settings for that dxlevel. Texture level, fullscreen/windowed, resolution, everything. If you want to start 1280x800 windowed, for example, you'd have to do something like this:

"-dxlevel 81 -window -w 1280 -h 800"

And, you'll have to leave it there. If you want to change any graphics settings, you have to do them manually, or figure out the parameters, and add them as well. (example: mat_bloom 0)

Oh, I'm not saying it is the problem, I'm just stating why I put that possibility out there. If I'm not mistaken, you said your video card is a dx7 card? That might be a possibility for some problems? If that's not you or the card you're talking about, never mind.

Actually, it's a DX9 card, although a pretty crappy one(a Geforce 6200 to be exact). And yeah, I know it's a possibility, I just think it's unlikely.

If you manually set the DXlevel, then it goes to the default video settings for that dxlevel. Texture level, fullscreen/windowed, resolution, everything. If you want to start 1280x800 windowed, for example, you'd have to do something like this:

"-dxlevel 81 -window -w 1280 -h 800"

And, you'll have to leave it there. If you want to change any graphics settings, you have to do them manually, or figure out the parameters, and add them as well. (example: mat_bloom 0)

Bleh...that sounds like a headache...guess I just have to accept it though, until Valve fix the crashes.

I found 2 bugs,

1) Sometimes the Demomans bottle doesn't smash when you hit it against something/one

2) A blast door on one of the maps (can't remember which but reported it with mapname + screenshot via menu) opens too much making a void of nothing, like the map has vanished.

Back