Power Supply upgrade!

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I'm not very smart when it comes to upgrading stuff on my PC. I don't know if there is something I'm missing, but I want to upgrade from 550W to 750W so I can buy a better Graphics Card (something along the HD7000 series Radeon cards, maybe this), and just wanted to check with you guys (since you know what you're talking about).

I've got this:http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=59615&vpn=P1550SXXB9&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1302

Want to upgrade to this:http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=59617&vpn=P1750SNLB9&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1302

Any problems?

Ermmm...the links go directly to the main page of the website. Maybe it's my computer. Whatever PSU you go with, make sure it's modular. Modular helps keep your pc clean and tidy by only using power connection you need and being able to discard the ones you wont use. 750w is plenty for any modern card.

Only that both links redirect to us.ncix.com

Also, modular isn't super important if you have plenty of space behind the motherboard tray for cables. It's also significantly more expensive.

That's a good price for that PSU. The SeaSonic modular equivalent is slightly less powerful and about $15 more, so I say you chose well.

Apparently that PSU is actually manufactured by SeaSonic anyway.

80+ Bronze is meh. Really meh. Looks like a downrated Seasonic to me.

Why is everyone afraid of buying a good PSU? A good PSU will last you several system builds.

There's actually nothing wrong with this Power Supply I've got now, but when I built this PC I was spending under a thousand so I cut corners. 550W is basically JUST enough to run the system I have now, and either way I need a better one. I don't overclock or anything like that, so I don't need a crazy huge power supply. I figured I'd get a 750W just so I don't have to worry about it for a long time.

Also about the links, sorry guys, but I just copy and pasted from the site. I don't really know what else I can do for you two :( sorry!

And yes Higlac, my case has plenty o' space :)

Also about the links, sorry guys, but I just copy and pasted from the site. I don't really know what else I can do for you two :( sorry!
Posting the model names would be a start.
I found the item you linked by searching the SKU in the url on that site.

Durr.. Don't know why I didn't think of that :p

One I got now: XFX 550W PRO550W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 44A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze

One I want: XFX 750W PRO750W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze PSU

Graphics card I want: XFX Radeon HD 7850 Core Edition 860MHZ 2GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI 2XDP PCI-E Video Card

Back