Price for this laptop? I'm totally unsure

Shamrock

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure where to go to with this question. The laptop is almost going to be two years old. It's a Gateway P-7811FX. It was purchased in September or October of 2008.

The specifications are:
17" 1920x1200 Glossy monitor
Full sized keyboard
2x320 GB 7200 RPM HDD
2.26 GHZ C2D P8400
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 9800M GTS
DVD burner with Lightscribe support
1.3 MP webcam

The laptop seems to be in very good condition still. I use it on a daily basis. It's still a worthwhile laptop. Anyway, I want to see it, and I wasn't sure how much I should sell it for. I want to buy a new laptop, but I don't know what yet. Regardless, can anyone help me decide how much this could sell for?

Also, does anyone have suggestions on a new gaming laptop for me? Basically, I use the laptop daily, and I want it to be powerful and last me for at least another 1.5ish years. I know the MacBook build quality is amazing, but the hardware is always a step behind. I'm looking for a slimmer laptop than this. It weighs about 9.2 lbs. I just want a good spec'd laptop that will last.

Anyway, help, Please! :)

Wow.

I didn't know you could get 1920x1200 on a 17" screen.

Wow.

I didn't know you could get 1920x1200 on a 17" screen.
Yeah. There are a bunch of laptops that have that kind of display.
Retinal Display (tm)

:cough: :rolleyes:
Damn it. I should have realized that this was a Retinal Display 1.5 years ago, then Apple would have had to pay me for the name! :(

Regardless, does anyone have a good idea on what I should sell this for?

Maybe around $750-800ish. It's hard to price the older hardware as things are always changing.

I would say somewhere between 300-500 dollars. Actually probably 600-700 because of the screen.

Probably 500-600. Most people won't give a damn about the resolution probably.

Back