Problem while creating prop_physics

M

Mixmaster

Whenever I create a prop_physics or override or multiplayer, It seems to be random wether the object visible in the game!
For example I created a bunch of boxes using copy and paste. Only 2 vere visible and the rest were invisible, but i could still push them around and destroy them.

Check the minimum and maximum draw distances in the properties, they are easy to accidentally alter when you move props. Set min-draw to -1 and max draw to 0.
Let me know if that helps

TMPer Tantrum said:
Check the minimum and maximum draw distances in the properties, they are easy to accidentally alter when you move props. Set min-draw to -1 and max draw to 0.
Let me know if that helps

I can´t find that option in properties.
I reinstalled the SDK totally, but still it doesn´t show all of the objects.

Mixmaster said:
there's a little cross shape at the center of such objects (looks like a cross because of how the handles are close together) so you can either edit the distances in properties or edit the spheres of the objects visually, a neat feature in hammer now for lots of entities.

Mixmaster said:

It wold probably also help you if I gave you the right config names.

Select the prop, right click it in a non-camera view, select properties.
Down near the bottom of the Keyvalues list are 'Start Fade Dist' and 'End Fade Dist'

Set Start Fade Dist to -1 (to set it to max fade distance) and End Fade Dist to 0.

TMPer Tantrum said:
It wold probably also help you if I gave you the right config names.

Select the prop, right click it in a non-camera view, select properties.
Down near the bottom of the Keyvalues list are 'Start Fade Dist' and 'End Fade Dist'

Set Start Fade Dist to -1 (to set it to max fade distance) and End Fade Dist to 0.

Thx, it worked :thumbs: :E

Back