Problem with Hammer editor since the last update

Lyc@n

Reaction score
Hello, I create a map with Hammer World Editor. But since the last update of Source SDK, wireframes screens are all black and in the preview screen, evry props are black, here's an image:

I use Source Engine 2009 (OrangeBox). Please, help me! I have work two months on this map I don't want to lost it!

Thank you very much.

Yep. Valve broke it last week. Last thursday they released a patch for TF2 and some other Source engine games which included an SDK update that added itemtest and broke the shit out of Hammer.

Friday night they patched it so that Hammer would launch (before Hammer simply refused to launch) and now I have the same problem as you - all my 2d viewports are ****ed up. My 3d view also looks weird.

I remember there was some kind of fix for this viewports issue back when it was a SDK bug 4 years ago or so, but I don't remember what it was or if it would work now anyway. Probably we just need to wait for Valve to patch it and fix it this week sometime hopefully.

Thank you.

I have find two more bugs:
- The models are all black hl2mv;
- When using the "Edit Games Settings", you see an error message explaining that the file indicated for Half-Life 2 is not correct.
Well, I think Source SDK can't analyze correctly for HL2. But if there is a way to fix that, please say so! Thank you!

But I found a temporary solution for Hammer editor:
- Start Hammer Editor and go to Options ... ;
- Go to the tab "2D views";
- Uncheck the "White-on-Black color scheme";
- Click "Ok"

Visibility is very bad, but at least we see black lines in the wireframes.

Yeah I'm just putting my mapping on hold until they sort all this out. I'm having problems with loading content in hammer as well, seems like materials (textures) and presumably models from HL2 content (instead of Orange Box or Lost Coast content which I have extracted manually and is still fine) aren't being loaded for some reason. I haven't looked into whether this is a problem caused by me trying to fix things when Hammer wouldn't launch, or if it's a bug from the SDK update.

Back