problems with the orange box

Saruke

Reaction score
I've recently been having problems with my orange box. I first noticed something was wrong when i was playing tf2, heres the progression of events as much as I can figure it.
1. My game was reapeatedly lagging and skipping but I thought I just had a high ping.
2. I checked my ping and it was under 100 so I thought "Huh that's weird" and just quit.
3. Then I thought "well I'll just play some half life 2" but when I started that up I was having the same problem.
So I was just wondering if anyone had any idea whats going on with my games. As far as I can tell its affecting all the games in the orange box on-line and off.

System Specs? If you're running Vista that's the problem.

not running on vista running on XP and it had been running fine for weeks before this problem. My vid card is a 7600 Nvidia. Hope that helps.

lol no one can solve my problem, wait, that's sad. awww

acepilot.......if you have vista that doesnt mean hl2 wont work. also op you should try verifying your game cache or reinstalling the game. i had this problem before where it would have lag skips even though i had like 200fps at all times by what netgraph said.

I've done everything on that list there's zero fragmentation, my drivers are up to date, I've put all the video settings at the lowest they can go. All this and it still screws me around... it sucks.

Are you running any programs in the background that are suddenly chewing up RAM while you play? (Examples: BitTorrent clients, etc.)

hazza for probably the only post that would help you is being ignored.

you know I'm just gonna call one of my friends who works IT support so thanks anyway but this seems like something you'd have to physically look at toi figure out.

you know I'm just gonna call one of my friends who works IT support so thanks anyway but this seems like something you'd have to physically look at toi figure out.

still you ignore my post. ive had this exact problem before. either verifying the files or deleting the tf2 folder can fix your problem.

I repeat:

I've done everything on that list there's zero fragmentation, my drivers are up to date, I've put all the video settings at the lowest they can go. All this and it still screws me around... it sucks.

I forgot to add that I uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

Back