Project Gotham Racing 3: Perfect 10

i hated the first 2, this sounds good though, but there is no way i'm buying it. :x

unless they fixed the physics of the cars, which i felt were horrendous in PGR 2, while this game may look pretty it's still extremely restrictive on driving paths and such, which isn;t so good with more open-ended racers coming onto the scene

also, as much as i love driving awesome cars from the beginning, there is a sense of accomplishment in upgrading to better vehicles over time

i don;t trust any review that says a game is pretty much perfect and glosses over any flaws

Personally i favour realistic driving sims, such as the classic example of GT$. However, i found both PGR games so far to be very enjoyable and whilst not ultra-realistic, realistic enough not to discern the purist, whilst arcadey enough to interest others. And you also have to take into account the fact that this is what they aimed for, not to create the most realistic driving sim possible.

I can't wait for PGR3, i think it will be a great game, and is pre-ordered along with my xbox360 this very moment. I do however agree with preferring a sense of acheivement in obtaining better vehicles. I don't like everything on a plate at the start of a game, i'd rather earn it.

Most of the physics in racing games are atrocious, especially in the PG series where they applaud drifting. Anybody with even the vaguest idea of physics or is even mildly observant should be able to conclude that drifting on asphalt courses is unnecessary and in fact bad.

I thought maybe that Forza on xbox would be good, but after i saw how they penalized you for being on grass (even though i didn't go on the grass purposely) i hated the entire game. It doesn't make sense to go from 180-40mph in 2 seconds as soon as you hit grass. But that's what happens, because grass is cheating, so they created some law to tempt to you stay off it. Plus it's like a small destruction derby, i'm sorry but drivers of multi million dollar cars don't push you out of the way.

GT4 is where it's at.

they all need realistic crashing as stated above; that would even things out a bit.

uh, im not even going to crash so im not worried about that

Holy shit the cockpit view is the SiK.

inside the cockpit:
the sense of speed, the extreme high rez of everything, the blurs and the way everything shakes. haha how fast am i going? hows the oil pressure?

Lol, look at the gauges in 40,000 polygons with light glare refracting and shit.!

I never dreamed.

this is ****ing hot. it must be the future.

VirusType2 said:
uh, im not even going to crash so im not worried about that

Holy shit the cockpit view is the SiK.

inside the cockpit:
the sense of speed, the extreme high rez of everything, the blurs and the way everything shakes. haha how fast am i going? hows the oil pressure?

Lol, look at the gauges in 40,000 polygons with light glare refracting and shit.!

I never dreamed.

this is ****ing hot. it must be the future.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.:bonce:

It does look lovely.

Despite not being a driving games fan I got into PGR, it's just arcady enough.

Icarusintel said:
well, this is at least a bit more realistic, at least they weren't jizzing their pants the entire time they were writing the review
That comment made me bust a gut. Imagine them trying to write the review but every few seconds they jolt from their excitement; it's like on Saving Silverman where Ben Stiller was getting shocked anytime he mentioned his dead wife's name. lol :stare:

PGR is a great racing series, the new FPS view is awesome and is the future of racing games. I CANNOT wait.

operative x said:
PGR is a great racing series, the new FPS view is awesome and is the future of racing games. I CANNOT wait.
ummm... actually it's kinda old, i remember playing in a dashboard view in some driving game back on the genesis

Sure the dashboard view has been done before, but never to this level. Almost every single last generation "mainstream" hit racing game has never included an FPV to this degree. The dashboard view has almost always exclusively been used in the hardcore sim racing games. For such a populare franchise such as PGR to finally take advantage of the immersion possible with this view, is a huge step forward. Now we just have to wait until the likes of Grand Turismo, Burnout, Midnight Club, NFSU, etc to finally move to this new standard.

Icarusintel said:
ummm... actually it's kinda old, i remember playing in a dashboard view in some driving game back on the genesis

Hard Drivin' -an Atari game :cheers:

My brother has the acutal arcade game. It's pretty fun. Yea the dashboard moves to give a sense that you are being pushed to the side from the G's when you turn.

He would pick that game over any high tech next gen game. :D

anyway,
Why not keep all your hating to yourself? Every few posts I see you here in these Box threads and say nothing but how much you don't like anything about it. You don't even like Xbox360 so how about get lost?

You are like that guy that comes on a HL2 forum and says how much HL2 sucks. :flame:

Get bent dude :hmph:

the funnyst part in the game is if you actually post an instanly good time your score will not be high b/c you didnt do slides

I don't see any other games that they gave a 10 to.

Is that the wrong link?

Is PGR3 the only game they ever gave a 10 to? Anyway their scores seem pretty right on. A half point low if you ask me, but i guess PGR3 couldn't get a 10.5
: P

VirusType2 said:

Is that the wrong link?

Is PGR3 the only game they ever gave a 10 to? Anyway their scores seem pretty right on. A half point low if you ask me, but i guess PGR3 couldn't get a 10.5
you haven't even played the game, how can you know how good it is?

i've never said anything bad about HL2

i'm just trying to deflate a little of the insane hype you're building up about the box
i tend to find that if i hype something too much then it won;t be nearly as good as my expectations and i usually get disappointed, but if i aim low, and it's higher, then it's friggin awesome

VirusType2 said:

Is that the wrong link?

That is actually quite strange because when I posted that link they did have a list of around 5 games that recieved 10/10 scores. I think chronicles of Riddic was one of them which was something I really didn't understand.

IcarusIntel said:
I tend to find that if i hype something too much then it won;t be nearly as good as my expectations and i usually get disappointed

Well i agree with that. I mean, I've said it more than once on this forum that, "hype kills games."

But if you think I have been pumping this thing with hype, heh, Im being objectionable. You should see me when i really get hyped. !!!!!!

Everyone said WoW was the best game evaa!!!!1!! then when i buy it (and pay a shit-load to do so with the monthly charge and all), I was disapointed in it! But it grew on me and i became obsessed with it, playing it non-stop for 6 months. So well in this case I expected even more, but it is a great game.

So, I guess if its "the best game eva" its still just a game. Thats all it is.

Is it the best game in the world? I seriously doubt that many would say that.

But its got the best graphics and camera views and such of any racing game ever made and with Online racing? OMG thats going to kick alot of ass.
what other game can you race online? Few and far between my friend

It got a score of 10 from one site so far. Thats something to get excited about but i've played games that got a 10 before and didn't even like them.

So i guess you know what type of games you like so If you don't like this one than thats pretty clear, so why over-state it

I'll buy PGR3. Hell yes.

but Perfect dark zero would have to come first if i have to choose (likely) i don't even care what score Perfect DArk Zero gets. I know I'll like it. You know what im saying?

I personally can't wait for condemned...2 reasons:

1) Like like scary and tense games

2) It's gonna sound awesome on my sound system :D

PGR3 I might buy that..but I don't have an HDTV, so I hope the graphics still wow me.

EDIT: The strange thing is my TV has component inputs..I use those for my original XBOX and PS2, it really helps on the colour and the sharpness of the picture...I hope it looks a little better with X360.

EDIT#2: Now I'm pissed. Ign has a review up and when they said on a normal TV it looks like an XBOX game and not an XBOX360 game, my hopes were shot. I hope this is not true.

dream431ca said:
I personally can't wait for condemned...2 reasons:

1) Like like scary and tense games

2) It's gonna sound awesome on my sound system :D

PGR3 I might buy that..but I don't have an HDTV, so I hope the graphics still wow me.

EDIT: The strange thing is my TV has component inputs..I use those for my original XBOX and PS2, it really helps on the colour and the sharpness of the picture...I hope it looks a little better with X360.

EDIT#2: Now I'm pissed. Ign has a review up and when they said on a normal TV it looks like an XBOX game and not an XBOX360 game, my hopes were shot. I hope this is not true.

use ur pc monitor:cheers:

Last One In said:
use ur pc monitor:cheers:

Oh wait..now I'm not so unimpressed anymore. I remember my TV has 16:9 capability which eliminates most of the lines...it looks like an HDTV but it's not...but it looks damn impressive on most of the games that support 16:9. On the X360, all of the games will support 16:9, so now I'm pretty happy.

I wonder if it actually works to hook up to your pc though. Has anyone ever tried this or is it just a myth>?

Last One In said:
I wonder if it actually works to hook up to your pc though. Has anyone ever tried this or is it just a myth>?
Yes. thats what im going to do. I was EXTREMELY disapointed with all gamecube, xbox, and PS2 I couldn't get a VGA adaptor.

Im so glad MS is not ****ing around. PC Monitors are HD. IT will look so crystal clear.
page 2 of their hardware catalog:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/
DV-15S Standard VGA Connector

Video outputs settings of 480p, 720p, or 1080i

Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound output

8-foot long shielded cable

15. Xbox 360™ VGA HD AV Cable
Manufacturer: Microsoft

Category: Cables

Console: Xbox 360

Release Date: 11/22/2005

$39.99

gamestop shows it too, but their prices are sometimes higher than retail (39.99 in this case)
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?...earchcount=12&statcd=&publisher=&esrb=&title=

How much are xbox 360 controllers from retail>? I was thinking of just buying one for my pc.

Last One In said:
How much are xbox 360 controllers from retail>? I was thinking of just buying one for my pc.

theres this new thing called the internet and you just type what you are looking for at the top of this address bar and you can find ANYTHING

=)

VirusType2 said:
Yes. thats what im going to do. I was EXTREMELY disapointed with all gamecube, xbox, and PS2 I couldn't get a VGA adaptor.
While it's true that there were no first-party VGA cables in the previous generation (that is, unless you count the Dreamcast)... you could have bought a little box that converts component video into VGA. There are even some specially designed to hook directly into the consoles themselves (rather than a universal adapter requiring you to also buy the console's component cables).

xcellerate said:
Most of the physics in racing games are atrocious, especially in the PG series where they applaud drifting. Anybody with even the vaguest idea of physics or is even mildly observant should be able to conclude that drifting on asphalt courses is unnecessary and in fact bad.

I thought maybe that Forza on xbox would be good, but after i saw how they penalized you for being on grass (even though i didn't go on the grass purposely) i hated the entire game. It doesn't make sense to go from 180-40mph in 2 seconds as soon as you hit grass. But that's what happens, because grass is cheating, so they created some law to tempt to you stay off it. Plus it's like a small destruction derby, i'm sorry but drivers of multi million dollar cars don't push you out of the way.

GT4 is where it's at.

Did you not think that maybe they weren't going for the most realistic physics possible ? Omg, a game that isn't GT4, teh suck.....

I'm a GT4 nut, but i can appreciate other driving games that aren't quite so realistic, because they are f.u.n.

Will be buying this when i get my 360, it looks like a good racing game, maybe even one that can keep my GT-biased-attention for more than a few hours. Getting NFS:MW as well, which looks and will be top!.

3ssence said:
Did you not think that maybe they weren't going for the most realistic physics possible ? Omg, a game that isn't GT4, teh suck.....

I'm a GT4 nut, but i can appreciate other driving games that aren't quite so realistic, because they are f.u.n.
Exactly... Burnout is incredibly unrealistic... but it happens to be one of the best racing games I've played in many years.

lol there is NO such thing as the perfect game

Back