Project Reality .40 to be released tomorrow

Bob_Marley

Tank
Reaction score
Tomorrow, on November the 11th, the Project Reality mod, version .40 will be released for Battlefield 2.

This is a partial change list (much of .40 has been kept under wraps) pieced together (and continually updated by) [BFF]Clypp on the PR forums, but its the closest we have.

RELEASE DATE: Saturday, Nov 11, 2006

Kits/Weapons:
Sniper/Marksman(limited) - Sniper Rifle, SD Handgun, Binos
Support(limited) - LMG x3, frags x2, armor
Heavy AT(limited) - Handgun, guided ATx2, binos, armor
AA Rifleman(limited) - AR x7, Stinger x1, smoke x2, armor
Rifleman - AR x9, ammo x3, frags x2, smoke x2, armor
Light AT - Dummy ATx1, AR x7, frags, smoke x2, armor
AP Rifleman - AR x7, claymoreA x2, claymoreB x2(2 clackers), binos, armor
Spec Ops - Carbine x9, SLAM x3, frags x3, SD Handgun, chute
Engineer - AR x5/Shotgun, C4x1, AT mines x2(max 10), wrench
Medic - AR x5,Defib,Medic Bag,Smoke x2
Grenadier - AR x9, UGL, smoke rounds for UGL,armor
Pilot(special) - handgun, chute, 1337 skillz

Limited kits range from 1-4 per class depending on server size. Kits can be requested near CPs, supply crates and APCs.

A British faction is introduced

An Insurgent faction is introduced

British will have paratroop variants of all their classes to allow for paradrop insertion

Engineer wrench speed reduced to 50%.

SLAM modeled and tweaked to be made more useful.

Claymores are clacker fired.

There is a powerful sniper pickup kit that is placed on certain maps that uses multiple levels of zoom.

Heavy AT damage and splash radius increased.

The MEC is now a faction based on HK weaponry manufactured under license in the region.

Assault rifles for the factions are as follows:
MEC = G3 + variants(not totally complete)
GB = L85 + variants
USMC = M16 + variants
PLA = Type 95 + variants(upcoming, currently using type 56, an AK-47 variant)
Insurgency = AK-47 + variants

Some or all kits will include bandages to stop bleeding

New weapons: L85, M4 shotgun, and more

Light AT: AT4, LAW80, RPG, PF89

Assault rifles will be set to single-shot by default. Toggling is required to get auto or burst

Upcoming:Spec Ops and Engineers carry some mountain climbing gear

Vehicles:
British vehicles confirmed: Saxon,

British vehicles upcoming:Challenger 2 MBT, Tornado GR4, Eurofighter, Harrier

Tanks have driver, gunner and cupola gunner positions. APCs have driver and gunner + passenger positions.

Zoom on tanks is slightly reduced.

An unspecified 3rd method to resupply vehicles(other than supply crate and UAV trailer).

Multiple speeds for tanks. The default speed should be a little slower than it currently is. The "sprint" speed should be a little higher than current tank speed, which will be accessed by pressing the shift key.

When helos take damage they will be more difficult to control.

HUD:

Improved game messaging (reduced spam, "mission" messages more obvious)

Teamkill messages are back.

Visibility to scoring during the match is removed, you will only be able to see squad scores, not individual scores or kill counts until the end of the round.

Unconfirmed: Redesign of kit selection screen, menu screen, etc.

Maps:
Al Basrah
Qwai River
Falcons nest
Al Fallujah
Greenzone
Operation Ghost Train (UK vs PLA)
Hills of Hamgyong (UK vs PLA)
Gulf of Aqaba (UK vs Insurgents)
Raid on Moskiye (UK vs Insurgents)

Some new statics including buildings, most of which are enterable and destroyable. More will be introduced in later releases.

The Oasis(unfortunately), Jungle Fever and Nightstalker removed.

Flags removed from many CPs in new maps.

Game Modes
xtract is now specific to a person rather than the SUV in some maps. Others still use the SUV

Scenario mode replaces single objective and can have many different parameters.

AAS mode accurately reflected as AAS in server browser (formerly called conquest)

Revive/gameplay:
Revived in a bleed state(<40%)

During the bleed state you hear different heart beat sounds indicating the degeneration of your consciousness

At 10% you are pretty much incapacitated, at 5% it gets worse; this is simply to let players know that unconsciousness is imminent (as a replacement for a health bar)

Dizziness and shaking after being shot may be added.

Crouch fire delay prone-spam fixing was attempted

Head shots are not-relivable

Suppression effects (eg: when bullets land near you they affect the player state)

Added a "zoom delay" to the support weapons so shouldering your rifle (for the increased accuracy) is not instantaneous

Other:
EFX sound pack and supersonic bullet crack added

Download size: 1.7Gb

Bugs will be included free of charge

Upcoming: Completely new voices for commander, squad leaders and grunts for British army

Now, the most exiting thing about this release for me (and I think atleast some of you will agree) is the inclusion of (at the very least) British Infantry. This new version will be changed in many, many ways from any previous versions of PRMM you may have played. And Now it is offcially PR (or PRM, if you prefur).

Project Reality website

Project Reality player guide

I look foreward to seeing all fans of realistic gaming on the field soon!

Man, I wish I had BF2. I'd love to play this. I've always wanted to use tanks with gunner + driver positions. I guess you would need someone you can count on to survive in the battlefield, though.

But all the British stuff sounds cool, and all the little things like bino's and shizz. Sounds awesome. Gonna tell my mate about it so we can play it at his.

Might D/L it to see if it's good..not sure if I'll enjoy it.

I haven't played this one yet, though I know one of the team members from past modwork. I might have to check it out.

I am so hyped for this release - 2 player tanks, the US army, the british, the SMAW, al Basrah
Damn this is going to be awesome

I just might reinstall BF2 to play this...

Well, having downloaded it and played it, apart from a few minor bugs, I love it.

Sadly, the limited kit system isnt working quite right at the moment (though the dev's reckon they've worked out the reason, and are attempting to fix it ASAP). Thats the only really major problem, but there are other bugs still in, but hopefully it will be patched soon, as the devs said before the release it would come with some of the minor bugs left in as they didnt have time to fix them all, but the vast majority of issues are sorted.

Tanks are currently enjoying (a hopefully) short period of overpoweredness because the kit distribution system isnt working so the only things that can take them out are tanks, helis, APCs, etc, mines, C4 and light AT troopers (who only get 1 rocket).

The reorganisation of the weapons is interesting, pretty much everyone gets an assault rifle (M16A2, G3A3, L85A2 and Type-56) now (insurgents accepted), with the only unlimited classes not having them being spec ops (who get carbines, M4A1, HK53A3, C8A1 and QBZ-95) and urban combat engineers (who get shotguns, Remmington M870, Saiga 12K, Bennelli M4 super 90, Norinco M870 ripoff).

On the whole its a very ambitious mod that's got a few niggles (hopefully to be sorted soon) but you should definetly give it a go. If the current bugs put you off, wait for the fixes to come out, but its definetly worth a try.

Breaking news - all ABR Project reality servers now have the kit limiting fixed! I havent checked this out my self, but will do this evening.

Linkage

good news - but most unranked servers don't use ABR so most kit limiting will still be kaputt on most servers

good news - but most unranked servers don't use ABR so most kit limiting will still be kaputt on most servers

Most of the more popular PR servers (like Gloryhoundz, .:IGI:., Thor's Brigade, etc) run ABR.

Back