Puzzles in the game [Spoilers]

Chirs

Reaction score
Sorry for all of the spoiler threads, this must piss off the people who have yet to play the game.

Which puzzles really got you in the game? The water one, with the electricity had me for a while, but the worst one was the one in that room with the laser pointed bombs, and then trying to balance things on one end of that beam to get upto that ledge to turn off the gas. For ages I was trying to find things to put on the end, and then I realised the rock going lodged underneath it worked way better.

Any of them get you really bad, and ultimately frustrated?

I'm still stuck in the part where Alyx gets raped by the Stalker in the train... How do I rescue her? It's really annoying.

Chirs said:
but the worst one was the one in that room with the laser pointed bombs, and then trying to balance things on one end of that beam to get upto that ledge to turn off the gas.
I just played it and i don't remember this at all..
Yatta said:
I'm still stuck in the part where Alyx gets raped by the Stalker in the train... How do I rescue her? It's really annoying.
Ridge racer.

Hahaha. Use the grav gun. It takes a while, but just try everything with it. Move back a bit, try all angles, move in a bit...

Been using it for a long time. Not working.

Didnt get stuck once. I liked the puzzles just i almost never get stuck in a game anymore. Been playing them for so long...

Ikerous said:
I just played it and i don't remember this at all..
Uhm, there's a room and you go in. There's two combines in there, some white shelves, and then the red laser bombs on the walls. One of the combines moves, and blows the place. All along the back wall, and up the right and covering the stairs on the right is fire. If you go to the left, there's this pipe that is dangling a bit. If you walk on it, it drops - but you need to use it to jump up onto the ledge ahead to turn off the gas to go up the stairs.

I was putting everything I could find on the end, thinking it would all balance out, but it was never enough. Then I looked at the rock, and realised it would fit under the pipe.

(I think that if you stop the combine from running into the red laser bombs, you don't have to do the pipe bit, as the stairs are free of the fire)

Chirs said:
Hahaha. Use the grav gun. It takes a while, but just try everything with it. Move back a bit, try all angles, move in a bit...

That part got me too, took me a while to get the gravity gun to work right, and that damn screaming they make is annoying after 5 minutes of scratching my head how to get it off of her.

Yatta said:
Been using it for a long time. Not working.
Try throwing things at it. Anything you can find. It took me a while aswell to move him out of the place.

The citadel elevator scene to me was the hardest. I don't know how many times I don't catch the huge flying debris at the right time, and fall to my death(you can "die" even in God Mode).
After I finally figured out what your supposed to do, I was able to keep the big objects from crashing into the platform JUST enough for Alyx to tell me to get out of here.
BARLEY made it off when this huge thing broke the elevator.

:LOL: I keep watching the video you posted
I feel so bad for alyx, you just keep smacking with the stalker XD
BeaverMon said:
The citadel elevator scene to me was the hardest. I don't know how many times I don't catch the huge flying debris at the right time, and fall to my death(you can "die" even in God Mode).
After I finally figured out what your supposed to do, I was able to keep the big objects from crashing into the platform JUST enough for Alyx to tell me to get out of here.
BARLEY made it off when this huge thing broke the elevator.
quicksave ftmfw

For the 'balancing the items part' I solved it my own way. I tried stacking things on the end to support my weight to no avail when finally I got on the end, and looked down and left clicked with the gravity gun, over and over. Soon enough I gathered momentum and I jumped up to the gap. It was pretty sweet... I felt pretty smart after that.

There's a small rock there in the room that you can use to help get across.

enthused said:
For the 'balancing the items part' I solved it my own way. I tried stacking things on the end to support my weight to no avail when finally I got on the end, and looked down and left clicked with the gravity gun, over and over. Soon enough I gathered momentum and I jumped up to the gap. It was pretty sweet... I felt pretty smart after that.
I think that was were i just stuck a chair underneath it so it couldnt go down

That part with the pipe that tips when you walk to the edge? I just sprinted across it and jumped, I made it on my second try that way.

Back