PwnX0r tha cheetors!!

morire

Reaction score
Now I know we all hate cheaters...

(or known in the CS community as "hackers".. please PLEASE! get your terminology right... these people are merely cheaters, people using third party programs to gain advantages in the game... THEY ARE NOT HACKERS!)

...but can't we just revel in the fact that these people will get what's coming to them... VAC2 will someday (soon) catch up with these mind boggling assholes, and they will have realized, that a little UN-MORAL skill addition was not quite worth the 50 bucks they spent on the game... Can't we just watch them ignorantly be "dead men walking" (or 'canceld accounts walking')... Sorry.. .this post started as some better idea that quickly faded as i began to write it...

A few handful are hackers. The ones that right the programs for stupid script kiddies to use. Hacking isn't necessarily a bad thing. (It is as far as the cheaters go) because hacking is just coding. It doesn't have to be malicious to be hacking. Strickly speaking I can hack, because I know PHP, but I don't hack as in, "li3k t3h 1337 hax0rz w1ll pwn j00 by us3n9 h15 1337n355 on j00!" because that is just pathetic.

Yes the "oh so holy VAC2" will put a cork in their asses. But only temporarily. It's only a matter of time (I give it 5 days) before a "patch" is released that let "hackers" "hack" away again. Then it will just be a patch war between valve and the "hackers".

i always try to ingore them :) - i just leave the server....

btw: if some cheater uses a "wall-hack", the term "hacker" is ok i guess *g* but who am i to say. Honestly these people are so worthless, they do not deserve a name ;)

and the battle between cheater and anti-cheater is endless i guess. :bonce:

There will always be groups of people dedicated to stopping hackers - all you have to do is make sure you play on reputable servers, and if you see a hacker, make absoloutly sure he is cheating, then get some first person demo recorded! Get his Steam ID from the console and let Valve know they have a cheater on their hands. They know what to do :)

Mouldy Punk said:
A few handful are hackers. The ones that right the programs for stupid script kiddies to use. Hacking isn't necessarily a bad thing. (It is as far as the cheaters go) because hacking is just coding. It doesn't have to be malicious to be hacking. Strickly speaking I can hack, because I know PHP, but I don't hack as in, "li3k t3h 1337 hax0rz w1ll pwn j00 by us3n9 h15 1337n355 on j00!" because that is just pathetic.

Yes the "oh so holy VAC2" will put a cork in their asses. But only temporarily. It's only a matter of time (I give it 5 days) before a "patch" is released that let "hackers" "hack" away again. Then it will just be a patch war between valve and the "hackers".

AYE... YEs... Some "HACKERS" surely do exist... but you got to be ****ing retarded if you suppose i'm talking about the people who make them... by all means, i think if you can make it... ****ing use it... but ****... really... common... You alright there Jr.?

(i'm taking it out on you because i can't take it out on those that i really want to.. my most insincere apologies....)

mother****ing morire

Mouldy Punk said:

"hacking" is pretty much a dead art these days IMO, i mean, if you have a firewalled router, nothing that you dont want will get through; they need to rely on getting you to download a trojan first, or use social engineering to get a password or something.
The old days of tricking the system are gone, I suspect with game cheats, its mostly just scripting or dressed-up exploits.

Mouldy Punk said:

heh, better than no patch war at all!
and it will reduce the amount of cheats as time goes by; since the new (and improving) steam makes it harder to acquire new accounts after one is banned

(please PLEASE! get your grammar right... the term is merely immoral, people using incorrect grammar to post their complaints in the forum... THE TERM IS NOT UN-MORAL!)

while I'm at it:

there --- as in, "look over there," or "There it is!"
they're --- (They are) as in, "They're going to the lan," or "They're right"
Their --- as in, "It's their argument," or "What's their IP?"

And again:

There is a reason you have a separate apostrophe and letter S key. Do I need to go over this one?

Don't even bother teaching grammar online.

*cough*

Unfortunatly many of the "hackers/cheaters/script kiddies" didn't even pay for the game, or they have a SteamID generator (Yes, they do exist). The best method to avoid cheaters is simply play on servers you know that crack down on them. Another option is to play in small games with people you know, but this isn't nearly as good as just playing on a public server where no one hacks.
[wish]Someday someone will come up with an anti-hack system that will drastically reduce if not eliminate cheaters[/wish]

He he, script kiddies is my favorite term for cheaters.

A SteamID generator would a certain algorithm to generate the ID's, if you find one let valve know where they can get their hands on it; they'll take a look at it, figure out the formula it uses, and then ban every steam account that has been created with it.
Same with hacks- dont download them, but if you see them, let valve know; a lot of hacks exist simply because valve doesnt know about them enough to fix against them.
Don't endanger your "cheat virginity" by downloading any though, but just email valve the link.

FictiousWill said:
(please PLEASE! get your grammar right... the term is merely immoral, people using incorrect grammar to post their complaints in the forum... THE TERM IS NOT UN-MORAL!)

while I'm at it:

there --- as in, "look over there," or "There it is!"
they're --- (They are) as in, "They're going to the lan," or "They're right"
Their --- as in, "It's their argument," or "What's their IP?"

And again:

There is a reason you have a separate apostrophe and letter S key. Do I need to go over this one?

Best. Post. Ever.
On a Side note; Die/get sick/leave steam servers cheaters.

I always take the attitude that any "hacks" for an online game contain trojans meant to steal your password, so the cheater can use your account to cheat on without endangering their own.

I have yet to see a SteamID generator, but I know they have to exist, some people just evade ID bans to easily.

krig said:
I always take the attitude that any "hacks" for an online game contain trojans meant to steal your password, so the cheater can use your account to cheat on without endangering their own.

I have yet to see a SteamID generator, but I know they have to exist, some people just evade ID bans to easily.

The steam system is constantly evolving, eventually, it will have better verification for steamid's; but that would require a one off 5 minute checking process that would no doubt cause our forum here to be flooded with people saying two things
1) OMG ITS TAKING FOREVER I HATE STEAM AND VALVE
or
2) OMG I GOT TEH BANNED!! I HATE STEAM AND VALVE

I'm willing to endure some crap if it lets me play without people who run super fast, or fire without reloading.

krig said:
I'm willing to endure some crap if it lets me play without people who run super fast, or fire without reloading.

oh.. they can reload, it just takes them 1/4th of a second :p

or known in the CS community as "hackers".. please PLEASE! get your terminology right
"hacking" is CS Terminology. Obviously it dosent apply to the meaning of hacking outside of games.
:thumbs:

I'm not sure whats wrong with cheaters. When someone cheats, its pretty obvious and you can get a kick out of specing them. If you get tired of it, theres only 10000 more server you can join.

Yes but the fact of the matter is, if you ignore it, it can only get worse. It will make every single person's game on that server MISERABLE which no game developer wants.

If everyone leaves and goes to another server, the hacker will follow suit, and ruin more fun.

If you take the time to report them, then you will possibly have one less cheat-ridden account, and help the entire Half-Life community against hacks.

Now when valve releases a VAC patch, let's face it SOME do get banned, are all these the ubber-1337 hackers that can get new accounts fast? No. A lot are just noobies and then because of their choice they get banned and are forced to pay again for another chance, then they obviously won't want to put down another 50 bucks, just for cheap thrills in hacking.

Even though you may think "What can I do?" trust me, anything you do, is better than sitting as a spectator and watching it all multiply.

I hope that when VAC comes out vavle won't tell us............ban as many of them f***kers as possible :frown:

i know huh, a stealth approach =)

*hacker/cheater plays cs, logs off, turns off computer, sleeps, next day hacker logs in to find out hes banned AND he has a virus that causes his computer to go boom after reading the message*

schweet.

Up untill yesterday I thought there wasn't any effective cheats out for CS Source yet... and I was partialy right :)

Just yesterday a guy joined the server I was on (His name was blank, nothing there) with a speed hack, 2 seconds into the round and he was on our spawn zippy around. As I said, its pretty apparent that its a bit of a crappy cheat considering he couldnt hit sod all at the speeds he was going.

Thing was, he also had a wall hack, was as obvious as hell when he sat behind a crate shooting at people on the other side in the head, tracking them through it.

Gawd dam I want VAC2 :)

AYE... YEs... Some "HACKERS" surely do exist... but you got to be ****ing retarded if you suppose i'm talking about the people who make them... by all means, i think if you can make it... ****ing use it... but ****... really... common... You alright there Jr.?
I'm sorry. I didn't understand a damn thing you just said and I don't plan on making the effort of trying to decode what you just said into plain english. I assume you were saying I'm a retard because you thought I was only on about the people who make the hacks. The ones who make the hacks/discover the exploits are the hackers, the people who use them are just mere 12 year old script kiddies that think they are hackers just because they know how to use a tool. If you really want to take out those script kiddies (or hackers as you like to call em) then cheat the cheaters/hack the hackers. Piss them off before they piss you off. Obviously using different methods otherwise you will just be lowering yourself to their standards.

"hacking" is pretty much a dead art these days IMO, i mean, if you have a firewalled router, nothing that you dont want will get through; they need to rely on getting you to download a trojan first, or use social engineering to get a password or something.
The old days of tricking the system are gone, I suspect with game cheats, its mostly just scripting or dressed-up exploits.
Those days aren't completely gone. It is still possible to force your way through a firewalled router if you really set your mind to it. But as technology has advanced alot, it's a lot hard to do nowadays. "Back in the day" (damn I feel old lol) it wouldn't take you 24 hours to force your way into someone elses PC (if you knew what you were doing). Hackers will never go away, aslong as there is something trying to stop them, they will try and break it.

I used to play a game that was mostly hack-free, the only hack having been delt with swiftly by the game devs. After a few years though someone really put their mind to hacking the game, made a hack and gave it to some friends, who gave it to some friends... and so on. It really only takes 1 determined person to create a hack, and a few friends to distribute it.

Back