Question about transfering iPOD data to itunes

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
I've just got an 90GB CorsairSSD which I have decided to use as my Primary drive with Win7, and relegated my 320GB Velociraptor as the big drive full of crap. However I want to make the 320 drive fresh with a clean format, but my iTunes account is on that drive.

I have all the songs and apps currently on my iPOD, is it possible to Sync my new installation of iTunes on the 90GB with my iPod (as opposed to the opposite way round) so that all the data on the iPod gets dumped into itunes.

I use iDump for that, very minimalistic yet useful program. Be sure to set the output options to your likings(folder structure, default is awful)

You might want to uninstall iTunes before using it(just to make sure it doesn't block anything).

iDump can get apps too? I use it all the time for music, but I didn't know you could for apps as well.

iDump can get apps too? I use it all the time for music, but I didn't know you could for apps as well.

Only music I guess, that's what I use my ipod for.(I have a classic, don't know how it works for other types)

Ah, thats what I thought. I have a classic too, never used it iDump with anything else. I'd assume it would work with a touch, possibly the iPhone too.

Thanks guys, I think I found how to do it though

File -> Transfer purchases from "X iPod"

I knew there was a way, but I knew that if you attempt to sync music/apps, then the iPod would be erased and replaced with whatever was on iTunes library at the time, which I didn't want.

Thanks guys, I think I found how to do it though

File -> Transfer purchases from "X iPod"

I knew there was a way, but I knew that if you attempt to sync music/apps, then the iPod would be erased and replaced with whatever was on iTunes library at the time, which I didn't want.

I didn't get that you purchased your music from iTunes, because it doesn't work if you just dragged some MP3s to you iPod(thanks for locking everything apple). in that case iTunes doesn't have an option to get your own music back from your own mp3 player.

You can use ifunbox to recover your music, and pull them into iTunes, I think it creates a playlist data for you as well

Back