Skyrim and Steam Cloud Problem(s)

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
[EDIT] OH FFS, JUST AS I POST THIS, THE DATA FINISHES TRANSFERRING, I TRY SKYRIM AND IT WORKS FINE...BUT STILL, I'D LIKE CLOUD WIPED SO THAT NEXT TIME, A DEFAULT SKYRIM LOADS, NO SAVED FILES, NOTHING. I'D RATHER RISK COPYING MY SAVES MANUALLY EACH TIME.

Hey gang,

So. got a new PC yesterday, installed Skyrim.

Thanks to Steam Cloud though, my saves came across, thats cool, but so did some files left over by zee mods I had. As a result, the game would fail to load. I deleted it, redownloaded during today, but thanks to Steam Cloud, it downloaded all the mod files too. *sigh*.

Found out it was an FXAA mod causing the problem with a single file, so deleted it, and SKyrim loaded!

HUZZAH!

But...wtf...purple textures over the SKyrim symbol on the main menu. Load a save, crashes to desktop with no errors.

Try again, same thing happens. Delete the ini files, load up, same again. No textures, crashes on loading a save file.

So.

How in the name of all that is holy do you wipe the Skyrim cloud data from Steam?

I have tried turning off the cloud sync for Skyrim (unticking the box), going to steam, userdata and wiping the folders and files in there, opening Skyrim, then deleting the newly created folders, going into STeam, enabling cloud sync, opening SKyrim (which should create a sync error apparently), but the files keep getting replaced there.

Dont know what to do now. I'm transfering my 'data' folder from my Skyrim on my other PC and overwriting the new data folder, as its clearly a textures issue.

Havent fiddled with the u-grid figures. Checked the Skyrim.ini file and there are no u-grid changes there, which can cause saves to fail and become corrupt forever.

I believe that if you disable Steam Cloud entirely for Skyrim. Run the game without it. Then enable Steam-Cloud again. It should ask if you wish to download the existing data, or replace it.. I am not 100% certain of this though.

Back