Question

Rambo

Reaction score
I keep hearing new vids are coming from steam on monday. And we are gonna download them. But the question is where do they go? A folder? Which foldeR?

They probably bundle a videoplayer with it. So you only have to click on the hl2 media section. And it will be launched, and you will get a similar interface as cs 1.6. Only with a nice hl2 background and you can't choose new game and join server, but instead play video or view screenshots.

That would be nice. This could probably be the reason why they are taking so long to release them...

I was just wondering whether you think that the Video will automatically list itself as another item in the Games tab, or whether we will need to add it. I have noticed they have removed the whole Subscription idea that they used to have, so was wondering how people think it would work?

Originally posted by flox
They probably bundle a videoplayer with it. So you only have to click on the hl2 media section. And it will be launched, and you will get a similar interface as cs 1.6. Only with a nice hl2 background and you can't choose new game and join server, but instead play video or view screenshots.

i believe they're going to use the bink video format which will output a movie to .exe and then you just run the exe and its self contained and plays that way (just a guess, gabe mentioned something about bink format)

as for b0yce, it will show up under the games section, you dont need to add it, it'll just show up.

Back