Quick need help

Lucifer Crass

Reaction score
Is there a Mouse App that does a repeat rate. Kind of like when you hold down a ket, that same letter repeats over and over till u let go? Well I kinda want something like that for my mouse button 1. Soon as someone finds something like this you guys can close the thread.
In the mean time ill try to look for it also. :thumbs:

I'm guessing your trying to cheat at some online game where you need to click the mouse button as fast as you can?

lol. never thought about it, why dont you just make enter your fire key or whatever and have it repeat like that?

Complete opposite question: How can I stop my mouse clicking too fast? My mouse doubleclicks at the slightest touch, often closing two or three windows and causing some annoyance. It's the mouse itself causing the problem, and I'm going ot get a new one soon, but is there some sort of app that would force the computer to ignore a mouseclick if it came less than say 10ms after another one?

edit: oh wait, a reverse macro? you could try using the same program and bind a macro of click, wait, wait wait w/e to your mouse button

dont know if that would work for sure, ive never really used a macro program.

That's the obvious solution, yes. If only it was that easy. My mouse drivers don't allow me to disallow super-fast doubleclicks. Do you know of ones that can?

edit: I mean for the computer in general. Not just in games. The mouse does a double-click for every fifth or so single click. I'd have to have some sort of parsing going on at the driver level, so it stays in effect for every program.

edit2: I've tried various macros, the ones that work at all will just execute the mouse command twice, but with a larger interval: i.e. I click once (the sensitive mouse registers it as a double-click) and the marco clicks, waits, clicks again, and waits again. I need it to ignore the second click if it comes too fast.

FictiousWill said:
Complete opposite question: How can I stop my mouse clicking too fast? My mouse doubleclicks at the slightest touch, often closing two or three windows and causing some annoyance. It's the mouse itself causing the problem, and I'm going ot get a new one soon, but is there some sort of app that would force the computer to ignore a mouseclick if it came less than say 10ms after another one?
Edit your double-click speed in Control Panel -> Mouse

You don't understand. Say I've got two windows maximized. I go up to click the X to close the one on top. Boom! They're both gone. The mouse clicked twice super fast, because the physical switch in the mouse itself is playing up. Double-click speed will not fix the problem. I'm getting a new mouse in a few days but it's driving me nuts right now.

Macro software records the movement also.

I cant believe no one has made aprogram that repeats clicks when u hold the button down ;(

I have a mate with exact similar symptoms and ive heard others moaning about it - you sure this isnt some kind of software bug, poss. virus?

Not a virus, definately the mouse itself. Tested with friend's trackball and it was fixed. Trackballs are teh suxx though, I'd rather have a randomly super-clicky mouse than a trackball.

Hey, lucifer want me to send you my mouse? :D

wow lucifer, you are one angry bastard. if you yourself were a little more descriptive of what you need, we could help you more specifically. you can use a macro to just click repeatedly without moving the mouse, it doesnt HAVE to do movement.

Edit your double-click speed in Control Panel -> Mouse
that only allows you to limit how slow the double click is(which is a mistake i made when i first read fictitios' problem), not how fast. the mouse is already clicking insanely fast, if the double click speed were higher, he would never be able to double-click.

it is quite possible, fictitios, that you have some kind of pointless asshole virus, or it could be your mouse. try borrowing a friend's mouse or taking apart and re-assembling your own mouse before you buy a new one. it could also be something in the mouse(a foreign object, a tweaked portion of the mouse itself, or a short somewhere in the mouse's circut board) itself, but id try a friends mouse first. the last thing you want to do is buy a new mouse and have it have the same problem.

im sure someone could make a program that disallowed clicks for a certain amount of time, but i dont think anyone has actually made one, since there really isnt any use for it(other than this situation, but there are easier ways to fix it than going out and making an entire program)

edit: ok then, not a virus. try taking your mouse apart maybe(if you feel comfortable doing so)

Doesnt matter, the app i am looking for does not exist. Its not anyones fault, dont worry about it.

I took my mouse apart yesterday. The little switch inside is actually an enclosed part, I can't open it up without breaking it open. Thanks for all the suggestions, esp. Naft - but because I'm getting a new mouse in a few weeks, I'll just live with it for a while. It's annoying, but tolerable.

hey Sgt.FicticiousWill, have you tried holding down every click you dont want to double click? Does that work?

No, it's not like it does it every time, maybe every 5th or 7th single click registers as two very close clicks, possibly more. Holding it down doesn't help because it does it all on the downward press.

Back