Quinnspiracy Theory: The Five Guys Saga

No, people are just stupid on both sides (gamers and game developers/journalists). Doesn't mean either field are inherently bad.

No, people are just stupid on both sides (gamers and game developers/journalists). Doesn't mean either field are inherently bad.
Yeah, both sides does some pretty stupid things from time to time. But what matters is; who has the most influence on the gaming industry? I'd say that the journalists and developers have more influence, and should refrain from being biased (except if it's a review). If anything, the journalists/developers should not favor people or games by mere bribing, no matter if it's sex or money. Neither should anyone abuse their "powers", because they we're promised a blowjob.

On the other side, some people are just dicks, and could not find any other way to solve a problem but by sending death threats. But never in my life have I heard of someone actually gettting hurt by some stranger on the internet. These harrasers should just be ignored, and people should just move on. But that never really happens, instead, the victimisation just continues.

There are of course good journalists/developers out there, but jeez, Anita Sarkeesian can really be annoying sometimes. Especially when people can't see through her bullshit.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what you mean by saying "getting hurt by a stranger on the Internet".

Do you mean emotionally hurt? There are cases where teenagers have been bullied online and driven to commit suicide.

Do you mean physically hurt? I remember a case where a person spent six months of his life looking for another person who killed him in a game of Counter-Strike. He eventually found him and stabbed him in the chest with a kitchen knife.

Do you mean financially or otherwise hurt? Phil Fish of Fez fame was recently hacked in a major way. 1.5GB of sensitive information have been released to the public, including his home address, his social security number, his company's financial information, his banking and Paypal information, passwords to his online accounts and a few things more. Fish said that he's giving up game development and that he's looking to sell the Fez IP and his company in the aftermath of the attack.

So, what's there to be learned from all of this? It seems that there are real people behind those online avatars/handles/names and that there can be real-life consequences to what's happening online.

Well that basically negates my agurment. Thanks for putting up the info, though. Never knew about it.

Gaming journalism has been corrupt for years, this is old news. It just took an event like this to uncover it all.

Hasn't Phil Fish been saying he's going to quit the industry since like... shit before he was even in the industry?

Hasn't Phil Fish been saying he's going to quit the industry since like... shit before he was even in the industry?
Correct, now he's "quitting" it again. Although, I'm not entirely sure why he was involved in the first place given he had seemingly stopped associating himself with the industry (other than being personal friends with those involved).

Back