rap sucks

Yes you are :p

I think you're part of the great minority on these forums. However, having close to zero knowledge of the overall forum preference for music, it's pretty much a wild guess.

And most rap does suck. It's all commercialized now, which really sucks because the rappers that are actually good, such as Kyprios (who's the only good rapper I know of), get overshadowed by all the big talentless rappers and their equally- or less-talented protegés (i.e. Lloyd Banks). Not to mention the countless cross-collaboration between every rapper in existence.

Not that it's not okay to like rap :) Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and there's clearly millions of people who share the same view as you.

I don't like rap...but each his own.

**** each and **** his own too! if you don't like rap then you're just a stupid white kid.. chances are you're a stupid white kid even if you do like rap. point is, you're a stupid white kid, so i'll put my dick in your ear and tell you to **** what you heard!

i tilt my 40 to Russel Jones, aka Big Baby Jesus, the ODB, Dirt McGirt.
we go back like babies with pacifiers ;(

Correction: gangsta rap sucks. The rest of it varies in quality.

Also, is rocklegend trying to get banned for spammy flame topics or something?

I agree, rap sucks...

On a related note, old dirty bastard is dead.

Well... I quite like the old Cypress Hill stuff... :(

... and some things by Kid Rock... but that's about it...

Rap is good, just listen to gangstas paradise by Coolio, or "i can" by Nas. Or mss jackson by Outkast, and the message by Grandmaster Flash.
Good rap also is really political and can say alot , like Mosh by eminem. gangsta rap is basicly dead anyway, apart from maybe 50 cent and ja rule. U lot just aint listening to the good stuff.

ja rule is about as much a gangsta rapper as skee-lo. 50 is a gangsta, but his rap isn't really gangsta rap. gangsta rap is dead.

There is no specific type of rap. WTF is gangster rap? Any kind of rap is good if it has a good beat and good lyrics.

BTW, I hate rock period. I got in a fight at school with some white kid (i'm not racist) over him playing his rock music too loud on his cd player.

Hood said:
There is no specific type of rap. WTF is gangster rap? Any kind of rap is good if it has a good beat and good lyrics.

BTW, I hate rock period. I got in a fight at school with some white kid (i'm not racist) over him playing his rock music too loud on his cd player.

srry but thats a little pathetic..getting in a fight over music opinions..
I don't like rap.. and I probably never will.. i can have discussions about rock/metal being better then rap for days.. but actually getting in a fight with somebody over it.. naaah..

stigmata said:
Yes you are :p

I think you're part of the great minority on these forums. However, having close to zero knowledge of the overall forum preference for music, it's pretty much a wild guess.

And most rap does suck. It's all commercialized now, which really sucks because the rappers that are actually good, such as Kyprios (who's the only good rapper I know of), get overshadowed by all the big talentless rappers and their equally- or less-talented protegés (i.e. Lloyd Banks). Not to mention the countless cross-collaboration between every rapper in existence.

Not that it's not okay to like rap :) Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and there's clearly millions of people who share the same view as you.
Just like mainstream rock music is shit with a few exceptions OMG PARALLELSLSSS

:)

I like the Beastie Boys and Eminem, Mark B and Blade, now that's good stuff :)

I got in a fight because they where racist. They where trying to piss me off buy playing rock music loud. I asked them to turn it down because I was sleep in study hall. He said no.. So i walked up to him and punched him. He didnt do a damn thing after that.

I agree with the thread title. Rap SUCKS.

Hood said:
I got in a fight because they where racist. They where trying to piss me off buy playing rock music loud. I asked them to turn it down because I was sleep in study hall. He said no.. So i walked up to him and punched him. He didnt do a damn thing after that.
Wow, you so cool dawg. Hook me up wit sum o' yo shiz. I'm out.

Rap is good, rock is good, there are some close-minded people in this thread.

Rap is just drums with the rapping ontop, if its actually got an melody that counts as hip hop. Boring and tuneless as far as im concerned. However I like rock with rap ontop like Rage and the Chillies.

I agree disruption....just as long as you don't act like you're from the ghettos and act black...Then yea theres nothing wrong with listening to it.

for me rap sucks for the most part. but i will agree there is SOME good rap/hip hop out there

ummmm.....RAP SUCKS ASS ...I KNOW THIS OLD SAYING THAT GOES LIKE THIS!......"RAP IS ONE C AWAY FROM BEING CRAP" RAPPERS LICK MY BALLS :!

this sounds all bit weird to me? i like gangsta rap cuz i find it funny, and it gets me goin, just like punk music does 4 me. doesnt matter if u black or white, frm the getto or frm rich life, its abowt the music and wot does it 4 u. if u dont like it dont listen to it. dont c treads sayin rock music sucks.

half-life2 is out. i got better fing 2 do ;)

Yeah amen to that! I hate rap too, I even got happy when I heard Tupac was shot, but don't call me a sicko, I just hate rap alot!

Remember, kids. You can't spell "crap" without "rap"!

In all seriousness though, I don't hate rap. I listen to the Beastie Boys. Butg on the whole, it just ain't my thang. Most rappers are obnoxious idiots.

rocklegendfm99 said:
rap sucks

thats because the only 'skill' it requires is talking. rap is an overblown afterschool program for the inner-city ghettos.

well what can I say, you can´t argue about matter of taste.
I personally like listening every possible music there is. Its just about the rhythm and melody.
And I don´t think rap sucks. I liked it even then when I was about 10 :)

*Laughing at all the pathetic posts in this thread*

So rap sucks?
This one goes out to all the haters; Which MC's have you listened to?

general rule of thumb is, if you can see it on mtv or bet... its not worth listening to.

I hate rap as well. But I have an exception for the Beastie Boys. Their so dope!
:borg:

Wolfy Snackrib said:
Yeah amen to that! I hate rap too, I even got happy when I heard Tupac was shot, but don't call me a sicko, I just hate rap alot!

I agree. F**kin Tupac was a fag but that's harsh he got shot.

Most rap is shit especially when theyre just talking about making money and pimpin hos and just generally trying to sound hard.. but there ARE some quality songs.

Rap is usually really crap but when there is rapping, a good motive and a good voice. It sometimes works well however Ive only heard one case of this

Back