Ravenholm Done Quick

simmo

Tank
Reaction score
The chaps over at Half-life 2 done quick, a site which is dedicated to speed runs in Half-Life 2, have recently posted a video demonstrating that Ravenholm can be completed in 2:28 on hard difficulty.
I made a new video showcasing a large amount of tricks possible in
Ravenholm to cut the completion time of the level to about 2.5 minutes
on hard difficulty. I edited them together and made it into a nice
downloadable file.
You can find all the information you need right here.

Why are people doing this? What purpose does it serve?

Or is it just for entertainment? :|

Why didn't you post about the speed record of HL2 some days ago?

Some people have to much time on their hands.. Either that or they're just ****ing effective with the little time they have to spare..

Cool movie though :) Nice tips for my next run through the game.

The_Monkey said:
Why didn't you post about the speed record of HL2 some days ago?

We didnt realise how much people enjoyed speed runs :)

Speed runs are great, I still remember watching the Quake Done Quick guys do Quake1 in something like 20 minutes on nightmare. I'll check this out.

The speed record of 2:57 by marshmellow is impressive, but then he did his on normal, and we expect to have a final time of around 2:00 when we are done, knocking about an hour off the time and doing it on a harder difficulty level. :) Marsh had some great runs tho, so props to him, he deserves it.

The first time I went through Ravenholm I spend hours in that damn chapter getting the crap scared out of me. Kinda funny to see that you can run through the whole thing in 2 minutes. :|

TwwIX said:
who gives a shit?
i certainly don't.
if you dont care, why did you post it, not like we care what you think.

also nice run, very inventive on how to get through it

they do it for challenge, but 2.5 min is pretty fast

i take like 8 mins on ravenholm

is the site down for anyone else or is it just me?

Mac said:
is the site down for anyone else or is it just me?

The first site is censored. Use the second one. :D

that run was absolutely amazing....I wonder how long it took him to figure all that shit out. Very cool

mikren said:
that run was absolutely amazing....I wonder how long it took him to figure all that shit out. Very cool
we all try to come up with ideas and share them.. that's the purpose of the forum and project as a whole... it's a two phase project that allows anyone at all to try to come up with the best ideas in the first phase and then in the second phase we'll make it into a continuous run so that I will eventually be able to make one awesome movie of it all.

come on over and check it out.. anyone and everyone is invited to help and share

how the hell to you 'gravity-gun jump' like they do in those vids. I tried it for like a half hour last night with little or no success.

Haha, very nicely done. I hope we get these short movies of other levels too.

ferment said:
Speed runs are great, I still remember watching the Quake Done Quick guys do Quake1 in something like 20 minutes on nightmare. I'll check this out.

12 minutes.. :naughty:

Alrighty then...RAVENHOLM IS TOO SHORT NO MATTER HOW YOU PLAY IT...

Any questions?

Back