Regarding the CS:S crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueFire

How ridiculous is this??? New game,part of one of the most anticipated games EVER, comes out and you expect valve to make sure that only the paying people would get to play? Yet one day after relase you can download a 700mb file and play for free!??

Even in the old days of WON this was impossible. I run a server, and over the last 6 hours the ammount of cheaters i am seeing already, all with very new steam ID's, (which leads me to belive they are using this cracked/downloaded version beacause it requires you to make a new steam account) is absolutly ridiculous. I really cant understand how valve have let this happen, they have had SOOOOO long to work on issues like these while hl2 has been delayed. Aparently all you need to do it is a downloded version of counter strike and a single replaced exe file.

I hope valve can fix this, i hoped with CS:S we would see alot less cheaters, but already it looks like that is wishful thinking.

More than that i expected cs:s to be a finished game, its still as buggy as hell nothing seems to have changed since the last beta, all they did was open up the maps...

Hey well done valve, you cocked up again.

-Blue

P.S. Moderators, i hope this thread is ok, i havent discused anything about where you can get it, just trying to inform people of how stupid this situation is.

Warez versions of games come out within hours of release all the time, it's nothing new. At least Valve can identify the cracks and cheats available and prevent people from using them online (through Steam). They just can't 100% prevent or stop it, only deal with the situation as it arises. Steam makes this process a helluva lot easier.

And VALVe can ban the Steam ID as they wish. So muhaha in their faces.

Maybe I am being a bit naive, but I still don't understand the cheaters. If I ask them why they do it, they just yell " I r3p4 u, biatch nub!" or something like that.

The Bait said:
And VALVe can ban the Steam ID as they wish. So muhaha in their faces.

not really cus the warez version requires a new fresh account to run the game on so if that account gets banned they simply have to make another account

yea and it takes 5 secs to make a new steamid, they need to sort it.

Keva said:
not really cus the warez version requires a new fresh account to run the game on so if that account gets banned they simply have to make another account
Meh, I didnt think of that. Mybad. :sniper: :devil: <--Cheater!

Kage, games come out all the time, but very very very few games have the ability too play online from a downloaded version for lack of you're own, real CD KEY. When companies sell games, they add the keys that they have released into the shops with the product, into a "safe" list, making it very difficult for anyone to get passed this. yes i hope valve ban those people, but some say already that what has changed is undetectable by valve without them forcing some sort of extra program onto you're pc to check.

Dude did you not click in, they cheat because they suck... to play CS requires more than 10minutes a day.. the hand eye and logic it takes to play.. not all people can do it..

Soo.. what logic do they come up with.. Cheat and pretend that we arent cheating and laugh at people because our score is so high.. they somehow get off on that..

Good for them, if that is what it takes to be accepted, i weep for cheaters.

umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't play online with the warezed version....

correcting u .. can play valid online servers meaning u can play on ne server u want

i talk to ppl n im not promoting warez so.. i just talk to ppl that have it ..

Bah, hopefully Valve gets this sorted out before HL2 comes out.

I'm tempted to find the crack, because I will be buying the Gold package once I get my check but...

I don't want to, for fear of being banned on Steam :p

If CS:S becomes as cheater/lamer ridden as CS, and its HL:2's only MP.....

But the reason why ppl r doing this is because they dont have access to a credit card or .. the holder of the CC doesnt want their info being put onto the net . if there was something like a card u buy n the store with a serial u plug it into steam people wouldnt resort to this kinda thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back