Remember Populous and Black & White?

i've got my eye on this after seeing the e3 gameplay looks pretty sweet and interesting :)

bump

The game is out today for Xbox. PC release in three weeks (**** you too, Ubisoft). The average score on Metacritic is 8/10 at the moment, with mostly favorable reviews (EG & GB) but not everyone is as positive (Dtoid). Also check out the quick look.

Wait.. it's already coming out? I thought this was pushed back or something... I had no idea. Damn.

I liked Populous (the first one). Almost got carpal tunnel syndrome with the constant clicking though. Never felt interested in playing Black & White.

This new game looks pretty cool, as long as the controls don't suck. Hard to tell if having to go back and forth moving clods of dirt would get too tiring after a while.

I looooooved Black and White 2. Babysitting your creature was heavily compensated for by watching them tear through armies of hundreds of terrified men. Also being able to chuck massive boulders at neighbouring towns and crush their buildings.

bump

The game is out today for Xbox. PC release in three weeks (**** you too, Ubisoft). The average score on Metacritic is 8/10 at the moment, with mostly favorable reviews (EG & GB) but not everyone is as positive (Dtoid). Also check out the quick look.
GameTrailers review wasn't so positive either and put emphasis on the poor controls and camera.

Either way, I'm gonna try the Trial on XBLA later today, if I like it I'll buy it there.

After having played the demo, I just bought it on XBL!

This game is so god-damned relaxing and enjoyable it should be criminal!

Alright, I'm downloading the demo now. I gotta say I'm disappointed that there aren't rivaling tribes. How cool would it be to use your element moving powers to flood other villages, or enveloping them in lava? With that said the game still looks really cool, can't wait to try it

I guess I can wait until August 17th. Too bad it doesn't have a price or is preorderable on Steam yet...

Has many amazing studios who make risky decisions with new styles of gameplay.

But like any of the top 5 game makers /publishers, they have a lot of shitty clones and generic titles as well.

That's weird I would have thought it would going to be a big deal release with all the hype and ubisoft involved so it would cost full retail or close to it. Is it a really short game or something?

I would love for this to come out for mac, but allas my choice in OS has once again come back to haunt me.

Has many amazing studios who make risky decisions with new styles of gameplay.

But like any of the top 5 game makers /publishers, they have a lot of shitty clones and generic titles as well.

Are also really great at trolling PC gamers by delaying PC versions of their titles days before release and still insisting on their terrible, broken, always-on DRM.

I'll keep an eye on this. Populous was one of the most addictive games I've ever played, and I'm really looking for something different. All recent games look the same.

While I feel Ubisoft's must-always-be-connected DRM is BS, I don't really mind because I'm pretty much always online. Except recently because lately my ISP has been cutting out at about 2:30 AM every night.

I've now beaten the story-mode and also beaten the majority of the challenges.

I gotta say, in my opinion the game truly became fun for me when I started playing the challenges after having completed the story mode.

All in all, great game in my opinion!

I've now beaten the story-mode and also beaten the majority of the challenges.

I gotta say, in my opinion the game truly became fun for me when I started playing the challenges after having completed the story mode.

All in all, great game in my opinion!

Short game?

Short game?
I am terrible at guessing time but if I were to guess I'd say at least three hours so far but as, might be more.

On another note, I really hope they release a level editor for the PC version so that the community can make their own Challenges and such.

30 Minutes of PC gameplay:-

Not sure what to make of it so far, I've played as much as is in the video's and am very impressed with the fluid physics (the tidal wave on level 2 dropped my jaw) but I really hope there is more too it than this.

Precision mouse control can be a bitch as well.

Looks more like a tech demo than anything. Please tell me they aren't charging full price for a game where you pick up sand and water?

Looks more like a tech demo than anything. Please tell me they aren't charging full price for a game where you pick up sand and water?

Nah, it's £11.99 on Steam. Looking at the trailers (I'd seen nothing on it before) it looks like it gets more complex later on.

I got it for $7 on Greenman Gaming with the discount and my $5 credit. I played it a little last night but I wish I could somehow get it over to Steam so I can have all my overlay love.

I didn't get too far because it was late, but my biggest problem is that you can't tune the graphics aside from the resolution and monitor frequency... so my frame rate kind of sucks and it makes me unhappy. I wish somehow I could win a new computer or something because my computer really isn't cutting it anymore...

I would ask for a refund if I had bought it on Steam.

DRM is stupid and all but it sucks that by avoiding a game purchase, you're hurting the developers too. Developers don't sit down and think "oh how can I make sure this game has plenty of DRM." It's assholes in suits sitting at the top hoping to squeeze some pennies out. The port is pretty shitty and as I said you can't tune anything and it's capped at 30 FPS, but the game is pretty cool. Not Black & White, but two lovely shades of gray.

I was very tempted to buy this, glad I waited. I'll pick it up when it's cheap.

Shame really.

haven't bought anything from ubi since raven shield. they're killing the pc gaming with their dumb drm systems. remember when they came up with securom?

DRM is stupid and all but it sucks that by avoiding a game purchase, you're hurting the developers too. Developers don't sit down and think "oh how can I make sure this game has plenty of DRM." It's assholes in suits sitting at the top hoping to squeeze some pennies out.

Hmm you're right we shouldn't punish the developers for something that was totally out of their contr

The port is pretty shitty

oh okay yeah.

Have it loaded on my Steam account but haven't played it yet (about to in a few minutes here). From the looks of it the UI is a bit clunky, but I miss Black and White enough that I'm going to give it a shot anyway... DRM issues or no. I'm always connected to the internet anyway (at least 98% of the time) so I'm not terrifically bothered by it requiring an internet connection although it does seem like a stupid move on their part.

Hmm you're right we shouldn't punish the developers for something that was totally out of their contr

oh okay yeah.

Everyone's complaining about the DRM. We see bad console ports everyday but we still play them. They usually get patched.

Fair enough you go ahead and count on that.

Back