Republican candidate: "Violent overthrow of the government is on the table"

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Republican congressional candidate Stephen Broden stunned his party Thursday, saying he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership.

In a rambling exchange during a TV interview, Broden, a South Dallas pastor, said a violent uprising "is not the first option," but it is "on the table."

"If the government is not producing the results or has become destructive to the ends of our liberties, we have a right to get rid of that government and to get rid of it by any means necessary," Broden said, adding the nation was founded on a violent revolt against Britain's King George III.

Watson asked if violence would be in option in 2010, under the current government.

"The option is on the table. I don't think that we should remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms,"

I for one welcome our tyrannical overlords. hopefully the fed government will also welcome them with bullet salutes and bomb handshakes

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/102210dnmetbroden.1b2338185.html

Isn't not accepting defeat in an election the very foundation of democracy.

Sounds pretty reasonable.

yes obama's tyranny needs to come to an end. and if that means shedding american blood, so be it; overthrowing a leader elected by the people is the cornerstone of democracy

"We have a constitutional remedy," Broden said then. "And the Framers say if that don't work, revolution."

lol, where did you go to school? George H.W. Bush middle school?

Civil War 2, brother against brother, millions dead. Absolutely not.

Reform of Government, ousting the corrupt and greedy, removal of the two party system. Yes.

Accomplishing this however, is beyond me.

On the bright side, we'd be able to shoot conservatives instead of listen to their idiotic bullshit all the time.

On the not-so-bright side, the conservatives are the ones with most of the guns.

Back