Resident Evil: Antidote News

A

Azlan

A Russian modification inspired by the top selling survival horror game created by Capcom, has released a couple new skinned model renders today.
[br]</br>
The shots below are of the zombie (obviously). Visit their website for more shots, including map screenshots as well. [br]

Ooh its all Doom3 ish. Models look ok, though with that much lighting its hard to tell. More missing chunks of flesh showing bone on the body would be nice. Yay 1st post! :)

Not much point in following this mod...

This mod says, "Cease and desist order? Why, yes, I'd love to receive one!"

Cypher19 said:
Why do half of the mods out there say that?

Because originality is an incredibly hard concept to grasp to them. And also, because it's an easy way to get publicity. "Resident Evil: Catfood? Damn, I'd better check that out, I liked the official RE games alot!"

So wait.. this mod is not only using someone elses IP without permission, but also using models from Doom3?

Christ, what next, maps from Farcry and sound from AvP?

Isn't that one of the standard Citizens in HL2, with blood on the skin, and Zombie animations?

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Isn't that one of the standard Citizens in HL2, with blood on the skin, and Zombie animations?

-Angry Lawyer
i dunno, i thought someone said it was Doom3 or something *shrugs* besides the point, get shut down eventually anyways heh.

This mod confuse's me. Whatever they are doing, they probably won't get away with it.

And yeah, that is the half life 2 citizen :/

this mod will neva be relleased like the other 75% of the mods presented on this Site

DOOM3 type game on the much better Source engine? I'd check it out. Didn't that RE mod for the original HL get discontinued? That looked so promising too. :(

Well apparently it wasn't discontinued on further investigation...

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~rete/html/news.shtml

They must be coding it in Source now.
Resident Evil - The Escape is a Half-Life mod started up in the fall of 2000 by Laine. Developing quickly it soon appeared on Planet Half-Life and was awarded one of the most anticipated mods of the year. Today, RE-TE has continued it's development through internal and external difficulties, multiple takeover attempts, and team members moving to newer engines. RE-TE today stands to become one of the most impressive modifications created in the HL universe.

Funky Munky said:
Well apparently it wasn't discontinued on further investigation...

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~rete/html/news.shtml

They must be coding it in Source now.
RE-TE has continued it's development through internal and external difficulties, multiple takeover attempts, and team members moving to newer engines. RE-TE today stands to become one of the most impressive modifications created in the HL universe.

IF they can stop squabbling like teenage girls about their favorite boyband.. and IF they somehow manage not to get shutdown lol.

Funky Munky said:
Yeah wouldn't Capcom jump all over them for this?
They'll probably wait until its almost done, just to really stick the boot in and get the message across.

I look on the bright side, all these unoriginal uninspired mods using other people's IP will quickly fall flat on their face if they do slip under the net and don't get shut down when compared to the original and well made ones that some mod teams are working on.

Multiple takeover attempts? Doesn't sound good. There is something really wrong with the team organisation...
"I am the leader."
"No, you aren't. I AM the leader."
"Wrong. I, < insert real name here >, am the real almighty leader."

CommandoSR said:
Multiple takeover attempts? Doesn't sound good. There is something really wrong with the team organisation...
"I am the leader."
"No, you aren't. I AM the leader."
"Wrong. I, < insert real name here >, am the real almighty leader."
I'm Spartacus!

but yeah, doesn't sound promising, besides the whole copyright issue with it. Probably why it hasn't been shut down, why waste a cease and desist email when you know they wouldn't last anyway heh

"Hello, I would like a cease and desist notification please."

Capcom don't mind Resident Evil mods, as long as they aren't commercial, so there won't be a cease-and-desist ala Fox.

However, considering their models are simple retextures of HL2 citizens, and appallingly their concept art consists of screenshots of pre-rendered Resident Evil 3 backgrounds given the once over with a Photoshop filter, I won't be holding out much hope for this project ever going anywhere.

Tequila said:
their concept art consists of screenshots of pre-rendered Resident Evil 3 backgrounds given the once over with a Photoshop filter

lmao! I didn't notice that until just now haha damn thats just BAD lol.

Back