Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

EvolvedPie

Community Writer / The Fake Pie
Reaction score
Anyone else given this a look yet?
It's awful. As in a rubbish. MagicalTinman and I are given it ago now. The controls are bad, there is no suspense or pacing, the story line is confusing and so far not so very good. The AI is sh*t, both the enemies and the ones on your team. Zombies are only there to case a little confusion by occasionally entering from the side while you’re fighting others. It is so clearly a port as the D-pad from the XBox is still present even when not using a controller.

There is also no access to live content, i.e. other players joining you unless you log into Widows live (which no one ever wants to do) and no saving unless you log in too. There a sound glitch where the sound simply cuts out at random intervals and comes back as and when it pleases.
We played the game for a couple of hours, after which it encounter an error and had to shut down, losing all our data, process in the game, and upgrades along with it.
Thanks game.

Also, it plays like a clunky and less thought out (as far as combats concerned) Gears of War (the first one). And my favourite way, and the easiest way I've found, to combat Zombies is to engage them in close combat.

Oh, they are referred to as Zombies, which is a no no, apparently.
Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I won't be spending any more time on that game.

Any other thoughts?

the easiest way I've found, to combat Zombies is to engage them in close combat.
Well that's depressingly unlike Resident Evil. I guess this all explains why I don't remember hearing about the game before today.

It's a gigantic piece of shit and a testament to what a shit company Capcom is and how awful Resident Evil is.

I played through every bit of it in co-op and not even that could make it fun. Outscourcing your games to a company whose only made 3 or 4 games all of which are really terrible SOCOM games? Yeah great idea Capcom. Not that it would have been nay better under their studios. I'm not even going to begin on Capcom as a whole right now and why they shouldn't be making games though.

It's probably crap but this part looked super neat. (end spoilers)

The end was handled pretty interestingly, but fighting

Leon and killing him when choosing the ending to follow through with your orders

was a pain in the ass because he somehow has dead on accuracy from across the arena.

Back