Return From the Dead

Reaction score
Hi Peeps.

I've returned to the valvetime.net forums (used to be halflife.net back in the day) after a loooong absence.

I believe I get relegated to noob status after being absent from the Forums for over half a decade.

Can't wait to get back into it again - especially the political forum =D - Please give me a shout if you recall my Alias!

hahaha hilarious!

HL 1 was the bomb. The memories from that game have always been dear to me.

You're going to have to jog my memory Vegeta - The only person I remember from these forums clearly is Cpt Stern - and judging by your sig - I'm surprised the guy has been active for so long!

I'm the guy who yells at people. And sometimes makes flash movies and pixel art.

I'm the guy who is here. And sometimes I disagree with people and cause shitstorms.

I'm the guy who is passive aggressive at the best of times, and at all other times just outright abusive in order to hide my feelings of insecurity and inadequacy.

Also people think I'm a dog.

I'm actually a dog but people think I'm an item of clothing.

I remember you and your crazy political arguments. Welcome back!

I guess I was the guy with the crazy political arguments as per Sulkdodds - Hope I can live up to my old rep - I've grown saddeningly passive over the past few years.

Here are some names that are trickiling back - such bitterwarm memories...

Mechagodzilla
Solaris
Kirovman
Angrylawyer
tr0n

Any of these guys still around?

This thread is making me sad with all the old names being tossed around. I miss those guys.

Hi Frenzy. I very vaguely remember your username but not much about you as a person. Looking forward to getting to know you (again). Depending on when you left I might still have been named Audiophile back when you were around.

Left in 2006 - I'm pretty sure you're alias was Ennui back then too as I vaguely remember it.

Welcome back!

I kinda remember the avatar, but I was away for a long time myself so I struggle to remember people!

I had no idea who Vegeta897 was for example.

Absinthe definitely still posts from time to time. Solaris comes around very occasionally... badger, kirovman and Angry Lawyer are all doing well but have outgrown the site, and I have no idea what the status of Mechagodzilla or Tr0n is but I wish they would make contact 'cause I miss those ****ers.

I dunno, I've only been back for a few days... but I get the impression that someone has loosened the 'valve' a little too much with the the introduction of valvetime. It almost sounds like the (dare I say it) 'steam' has gone out of these forums. There wasn't a great purging of trolls in the years I've been away was there? Feels almost like I've walked in to post-stalinist russia where everyone suffered a great deal and no one talks about the horrors of the past years...

Or maybe, I'm just too much of a romantic bastard.

I dunno, I've only been back for a few days... but I get the impression that someone has loosened the 'valve' a little too much with the the introduction of valvetime. It almost sounds like the (dare I say it) 'steam' has gone out of these forums. There wasn't a great purging of trolls in the years I've been away was there? Feels almost like I've walked in to post-stalinist russia where everyone suffered a great deal and no one talks about the horrors of the past years...

Or maybe, I'm just too much of a romantic bastard.
The steam went out of these forums long ago, that's why we introduced ValveTime last month.

The fact is, a Half-Life 2 centric site has little place in a world without Half-Life 2. So we kinda already did, but even moreso now, focus on the wider array of Valve products in the hope that we attract a wider audience.

Back