Returned from the dead?

I

Interesting

All content taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_cut_from_Half-Life_2

Vehicles and weapons

Other cuts from the game included a drivable jetski, which was replaced by the airboat in the final game because of the lack of an Artic section.

Will we see a return of this? I wonder.

The cut weapons included:

- An ice axe, likely picked up during the Arctic section of the game.
- A flare gun, found on the icebreaker ship Borealis
- Additionally, there is a model in the leaked beta which shows Gordon holding a headcrab, indicating that there might have been plans to use them as weapons.

Again do you think we'll see a return of these? Items already made save time in creating them.

The final City 17 has no children, and there are references that human reproduction was disabled by a Combine suppressor field. In the first concepts, children were to be featured as workers in Combine factories.

Maybe we'll see areas where the suppression field didnt reach? They already have the models created.. maybe the location surrounding the Borealis are the survivors who have had children and are raising familys?

I hope they bring back some old content.

If I have missed anything please post it up.

More interesting stuff for you...

Official Gordon Freeman model.

official_gordon.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpVyW2nnzs

Also check out the models @ 0.39 seconds in to this video... New women player maybe? (its not alyx.. just watch for 3 more seconds and you'll see).

Other enemies cut from the game included Combine assassins (They were females, very similar in attitude to the Half-Life black ops; they are included in Half-Life 2: Survivor)
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_cut_from_Half-Life_2

new_char.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VSufhS4kmhE

half-Life 2 Survivor (Japan arcade machine only)

Old news is boring.

Some people have only just bought the orange box..

eg. me.

So its brand spanking new to me. Instead of your 4 word responce, how about you inform me of things I dont know about? Things I might find interesting?

Jetski? Hellz yeah!

As for the three weapons, no thank you.

well.... your name says something ;) but the stuff you post doesnt come to mind

A) Mega old

B) Your not alowed to talk about beta stuff here

C) thats not the official Gordon model , the official one is just his basic body shape but with no colour.

Good day sir.

you just said it.

edit : there , i changed it so it no longer says the "f word"

Some people have only just bought the orange box..

You should really play HL1 if you havnt , it has tonnes of back story in it , i know this has nothing to do with the topic but whatever.

To be back on topic Survivor should never , ever be considered canon in any way , and they just put those other skins in there because they could.

I can't stand HL1, not because of the graphics or anything but I just find it a bit crap, IMO of course.

Never!
Lol, don't get me wrong, it's a Valve game it must be cool, but I just don't connect with it the same way I do with HL2.
I can't describe why I don't like it; Houndeyes, too many weapons, etc. probably.

I... I just don't like it:(

I bet you stopped playing after We've Got Hostiles or On Rail.
I agree they're very boring but after some levels it becomes good again.But you can't find that fun you had in We've Got Hostiles.(Maybe execpt[How do you spell it anyway?]Lambda Complex or Surface Tension)

Maybe it requires some form of mental state to play which the younger generation just can't obtain. Maybe there brains have simply been spoilt by the years of other games after this. I can still go back and play Half-Life and enjoy it so much.

My brother hates me because I took the Half-Life disc with me when I left, and he's three years younger, so maybe it's not an age thing.

I played Half-Life when I was around 10.And I still get same feelings when I play it now.(almost...)But I can't fell same when I play HL2.Sure, It's great but, I don't know, Something is not right.

Maybe because -When I run, I can't use my flashlight for long- thingie

Half-Life 2: Survivor was partially developed by a Japanese company and released in 2006, how does it hold any relevance to Episode Three?

P.S. I'm 13 and was rockin' HL1 when I was 12.

Back