Ridley Scott signs on to make Bladerunner sequel

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
After revisiting his classic Alien with the upcoming 3D Fox film Prometheus, Ridley Scott is committing to direct and produce a film that advances his other seminal and groundbreaking science fiction film. Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner.

I have mixed emotions about this. either he's the best choice to revist the world he helped create or he should just leave it alone

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/rid...-version-of-seminal-sci-fi-film-blade-runner/

is a sequel or prequel or remake or what?

I approve if it has explosions in it.

is a sequel or prequel or remake or what?

I’m not getting a clear sense at this point whether Scott intends to do a sequel or a prequel to the 1982 film that was loosely based on the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

it's right there in the second paragraph

It hasn't been determined yet if he's doing a prequel or sequel, but it's confirmed that it's NOT a remake of the original.

I am not sure what to think. Blade Runner is probably my favorite science fiction movie of all time, so I'm really sort of uncomfortable with the idea that Ridley Scott might come back 30 years later and **** up something that's already perfect and pristine. Still, I guess if it sucks I can just do the Star Wars thing and pretend it never happened. On the off chance that it's anywhere near as good as the original though this could be pretty awesome :D

Yeah it seems like he'll be moving along a razor's edge between greatness and terribleness.

I thought he was gonna do the Aliens prequel? And that doesn't hit theaters until a year from now, so I reckon this movie will be released in 2013/14 at the very earliest.

The Aliens prequel is no longer an Aliens prequel. They kept part of the script changed everything else and called it Prometheus.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is the best thing ever announced aside from Tron: Legacy.

Still, I guess if it sucks I can just do the Star Wars thing and pretend it never happened.

this isnt going to work. in fact the prequels are quickly becoming the defacto star wars trilogy. they're far more popular with the people who matter for the future of the franchise: kids. kids find the original trilogy boring in comparison and they are boring in comparison IF you take into account what the central idea behind the new series is: jedis. kids love the jedis above all else. that's why the clone wars cartoon is, thematically, absolutely nothing like the original trilogy; from a swashbuckling adventure to straight by the numbers religious epic of boring proportions. star wars is doomed to a water downed version of itself hopelessly hampered by the creator who forgot why he did the original movie to begin with. **** star wars in the ass

this isnt going to work. in fact the prequels are quickly becoming the defacto star wars trilogy. they're far more popular with the people who matter for the future of the franchise: kids. kids find the original trilogy boring in comparison and they are boring in comparison IF you take into account what the central idea behind the new series is: jedis. kids love the jedis above all else. that's why the clone wars cartoon is, thematically, absolutely nothing like the original trilogy; from a swashbuckling adventure to straight by the numbers religious epic of boring proportions. star wars is doomed to a water downed version of itself hopelessly hampered by the creator who forgot why he did the original movie to begin with. **** star wars in the ass

Don't say these words, you're shitting directly all over my childhood :'(

I guess I can consider myself fortunate to be among the last generation able to truly appreciate the original trilogy without the new crap polluting it... first time I saw it was the Special Edition re-release in theaters in 1997, and my 8 year old mind was completely blown to pieces (like the death star). I was basically staring at the screen in slack-jawed amazement for the entire 2 and a half hours.

Don't say these words, you're shitting directly all over my childhood :'(

I guess I can consider myself fortunate to be among the last generation able to truly appreciate the original trilogy without the new crap polluting it... first time I saw it was the Special Edition re-release in theaters in 1997, and my 8 year old mind was completely blown to pieces (like the death star). I was basically staring at the screen in slack-jawed amazement for the entire 2 and a half hours.

I'm shitting on my childhood. I grew up with the original trilogy. saw them in the theater when they were first released. so imagine my reaction after watching my first space movie and it was star wars! since then I've seen the trilogy for what it was. in truth it's lucas who is shitting on everyone's childhood by beating every last idea out of the franchise and slicing it into thin unappetising slices to be doled out whenever he wants to purchase a small island or country

oh and my son is a huge fan of star wars. games, cartoons, books, toys, t-shirts, hats, plastic lightsabres, comics etc ..however he's not that big of a fan of the original trilogy. none of his star wars liking friends are either. it's all about the jedis

Back