rifle butt, or iron sites, which is better?!

rifle butt or iron sites

• k98 stab, or rifle butting!

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • iron sites!

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

don_johnson

Reaction score
well lets hear it, which would you rather have, some iron sites, or rifle butt/stab. personally i think iron sites will be nice, but im gonna miss smacking the shit outta jerry with my garand...what do you think??

Give riflemen back their pistols, and I won't mind the lack of buttsmack and bayonet, but right now, I certainly won't be using Iron Sights.

I don't use them unless I'm trying to out-snipe a sniper without a sniper rifle. The time it takes to bring the gun up and aim (with lowered sensitivity) usually outweighs the benefit of slightly improved aim and small zoom. In most cases it's quicker to just try the shot without them and make a second shot if you miss.

Riflemen have a tough time in close combat. The only choice is to shoot with your rifle (not accurate enough, nor does it have a decent rof, and you have to dodge the enemy) or knife them which is always risky since there may be another person close by, or they may have an auto. In 1.3 it was better because you could buttsmack one person, and shoot another right after. Or you could just whip out the pistol and kill both of em with it. Now your gunna be fubar when you are in melee.

I say give back the rifle melee attacks, and make it so you can have mid mouse button or something as the iron sights.

Well with my craptacular net, id prefer the butt of the gun. By the time i raise my sights to blow some sucker away, it takes about 3 seconds. POS "DSL".

The ironsites delay is just plain stupid. It makes them completely pointless.

I say a melee move should be available to every weapon with the possible exceptions of the machine guns and bazookas since they're so unwieldy. It would be slightly less damaging than the dedicated melee weapons and the time between hits would be significantly higher... but getting that first hit off ASAP would be well worth it. I'd like to see that even if it requires an extra button.

It would be nice if you could mount a bayonette and with that on you get a thrusting motion instead of iron sights. But if I have to choose I'll take iron sights.

when playing as a rifleman, ive ended up in a few knife/spade fights with other rifle men, which i bump into, in the buildings

My problem with the iron sights is that you move absurdly slow with them up. Often by the time I get my sights up, my target has moved out of view, and because I move so slow, it is impossible to reposition properly with the sights still up. Either decrease the time it takes to raise/lower the sights, or increase the movement speed while the sights are up. I would prefer the former.

Iron sights are pointless in my mind as of currently. Sure they might increase accuracy a little, but they remove too much of your view and take too long to pull up to even bother with. I'd rather have a melee attack then.

Yeah, I think if they are going to put in iron sights, they should do it like the Call of Duty games do it. Here is a screen shot of the Call of Duty 2 demo I just downloaded, this is what the DoD:S iron sights should be like. The iron sights shouldn't take up the whole screen. And they should be really responsive with bringing up the sights, like in CoD 2, then I think it would be perfect. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2711/thewaydodshouldhaveironsights8.jpg

Rifle butting/stabbing is SOOO much more useful.

I hate the ironsights, they are too hard to use in such a fast paced game.

Back