Rival sites

we are unrivaled in awesome.

plus we don't really have rivalries with other sites

Na, HL2 World is alright. We didn't like all the stolen hl2 content stuff appearing on the site before the games release but its in the past. I still dispise Gameshout mind. There's no other sites we have a problem with.

I would call hlfallout a "rival", but only in the sense that they're probably the most serious competition that halflife2.net has. Not in the sense of the kind of bitter rivalry we could have. You know, where we torch their server cave and shoot their household pets. Because that wouldn't be nice, and we're all nice people here. Except Samon of course.

I've never seen HL2world to be quite as sharp as HLF / HL2Net on news. They have an absolutely mental forum which scares me off, but is doubtlessly enjoyed by others.

Other those three, there's planethalflife, which went through a very dull patch until recently. They seem to be back on top of things, doing more to review custom content and seemingly quicker off the mark with certain news items, due perhaps to age-old links from the HL1 years. But perhaps they've lost a lot of support / readers they built up in the Half-Life years to the other HL2 sites, because they got complacent, understaffed and/or disinterested. They're also handicapped by being a gamespy site with a gamespy community. Though they do get a lot of redirected users as part of the deal.

edit: according to searching via Google (for "half life 2"), HLFallout actually only makes the 3rd page, HL2World on the 6th page. HL2World is actually behind Concerned (the popular Garry's Mod comic, 5th page), and "Half-Life 2 Online Source" (a poor news source, but a popular search due to its Decay mod project, 5th page). HL2.net is on page one, after the official site, Planet Halflife and steampowered. So perhaps Planethalflife is our rival after all :p

We are looking to compete with google shortly. We just need some more smilies.

HL2.net's search engine and Google's are pretty much on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Which is exactly what we want them to think. :shh:

A good rivalry with cncnation is possible over the better smilies!

bow_kneelsuckers.gif

Ok ok, "Myspace" could be considered a rival. But where kicking there ass so much....I don't know.

Well, I wouldn't call The HeadCrab Union a rival....more like competition maybe.....actually we're listed on your affiliates list, so I guess rival and competitor shouldn't apply.

Anyway........my head hurts...:rolling:

Plug plug! It's always nice to see other communities across the web and support each other in what we do. Never been to your site before, seems very quaint but active too! (Not a fan of image sigs though)

We need to start all out forum war with Gameshout!

Yar, but if you go into Google and enter Half Life 2 fansite, both HLF and HL2.net are on the first page.

Clicky

In any event, its all good. :cheers:

Back