Rome Total Wat : Boring after a while

Adrien C

Reaction score
I have been playing Rome Total war, the first days, I was amazed, such a great RTS, the main map was great, it was such a change from normal RTS. But after a few days, and after I managed to get all the new units, I find it quite boring, I managed to conquer all Europe, and now I'm bored, as its all the same, moving your army, set siege, attack settlement, win, move on. It really gets boring.

What about you guys ?

All games get boring after a few days. I liked it a lot longer. I've liked it for months now.

I whish you could attack Rome, they would never resist my armys, but you can't...

You can attack Rome, thats the point of the game. Or did you chose a short campain? If you choose a full campain you have to take over Rome and occupy 50 regions in order to win. You just have to build your popularity with the Roman citizens by conquering, and at some point Rome will see you as a threat and declare war.

Bah, custom map never fails to entertain. Have an army of dogs vs an army of peasnants -- hilarity.

Meh, RTW is one of the best RTS games today, and you CAN attack rome, but nothing beats sending a whole army of calvary into a wall of Phalanxes
:p

I actually thought that but then after a few more days I started playing again. I keep starting and stopping...Its really quite fun and draws the game out a lot.

Adrien C said:
I whish you could attack Rome, they would never resist my armys, but you can't...

You can can't you? When your armies get big enough I'm sure you can take Rome.

Yeah, Rome: Total War can get a bit boring, especially after you've captured your first few regions. I'm also stopping and starting quite a bit.

Yup, the one flaw in TW games is that once you get established, it's a simple meatgrinding operation. The solution would have been the 'mini-campaigns' they used to talk about, but they were dropped. :/

I got bored with Rome in about three days myself. Thought it was great at first, but I found it really repetitive.

mortiz said:
You can can't you? When your armies get big enough I'm sure you can take Rome.

Yeah, Rome: Total War can get a bit boring, especially after you've captured your first few regions. I'm also stopping and starting quite a bit.

You need to be popular enough with the people to attack Rome.

do some custom battles. do the nile river map and give them tons of guys and give yourself tons of ballista and watch them try to cross the bridge under constant missile fire. its pretty fun

Defeat the city of Rome was suprisingly easy. I simply had three infantry units to take over the wall, once the gate was open all of my cavalry bursted in and crushed the enemy.

It was easy for me my first time. What happened was, the Romans had the bulk of their forces camped on a road leading to Rome. They came out of their fort briefly and I tried to attack them and missed with my cursor and hit the fort. My army went into the fort, blocking off the Roman army from Rome. My other army attacked Rome, which only had about 3 units of infantry. Bit of an anti-climax really.

Back