RPS Killed Over 11,000 Zombies

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Rock, Paper, Shotgun have the first-impressions of each of the four RPS editors about Left 4 Dead.

Creepy Singing Ladies - Witches, who remain motionless until disturbed by light, noise or an errant gunshot. Their eerie song and simultaneous sobbing are by far the most terrifying thing in the game. Upon waking up, they’re a whirling dervish of destruction. Fight every instinct to shoot the apparently frail things and sneak around them.

Read more here. [br]

P.S Thanks Hool!

Read this earlier, its a good article.

Yeah I have visions of the mom and baby in crib scene with Bioshock with the Witch now. Including her creepy lullaby. The images and killing over 11,000 zombies in an hour is sweet as well. Just 2 more days people for the demo! 2 MORE! :imu:

I refuse to read anymore about the game until I play it. I REFUSE!

I refuse to read anymore about the game until I play it. I REFUSE!

I think I'm going to have to join you. I pretty much think of this game every time I log onto Steam, waiting for something new and interesting, especially some much needed co-op play on PC gaming.

IMHO:
Just when I thought I had seen enough previews, early reviews, intro movies and commercials, I'm walking down downtown Bellevue, WA (blocks away from Valve HQ) and I see a Left 4 Dead Truck.

That's right. Valve hired a company to drive a truck with a huge Left 4 Dead poster on all 4 sides to drive around and waste gas and pollute the environment in the downtown areas of the greater Seattle area.

This tickled me quite a bit after getting out of work, and I promptly waved to the driver with 4 fingers :)

RE: The article.

Great to read an article where all 4 players who played together wrote what they thought.

It seems as though all of them liked it, and all of them had some preconceived notions on general FPS gaming tactics that epically failed in this game.

This is what is so interesting about this game for me. The fact 1 guy goes to bait zombies in while 3 others wait patiently at the ready to cover him... all the sudden, the AI Director says "...ummm, no", and sends waves of zombies behind the 3 waiting rather than the 1 guy who runs out.

A completely unpredictable and otherwise "OMFG" moment when you know the game is truly smarter than you this time, and nothing but your aim, movement and improvisational skills will save your ass from being ripped apart by a swarm of zombies. Hell f'n yes. I crave this type of gameplay.

Obviously L4D is going to make you rethink your traditional FPS tactics, and that is great, cuz, frankly, FPS games are getting dry and repetitive for me.

Over 11,000 ?!... zombies ?

-dodo

Gah, no money. Pre-order = want! D:

I hope they start the beta preload soon.

Holy.
Shit.
I can't ****ing wait. One more day as soon as I wake up from sleeping and then go back to sleep that night.

Holy.
SHIT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I hope they start the beta preload soon.

I hope they have a preload.

I'm predicting a demo size of 1.5-2GB, it's going to take me about 12 hours to download so if they don't have a pre-load I'm just gonna get frustrated that I can't play it right away ;(

I imagine they will pre-load it, they do that with all their other games and did it with the TF2 beta.

I'm not so sure, this being a demo rather than beta/full-game. The demo won't be that big and not everyone who pre-ordered will be accessing it, the biggest point of a pre-load being to reduce the strain on their content servers.

Back