(rumor) delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenny2

delayed

I got this info from a store called babbages, it is a local gameing store, I have had hl2 on reserve there for quite some time, anyhows I was in there looking around yesterday and I asked the 2 people at the counter if they had heard yet when hl2 would be out, there answer was it was delayed again and it would be november.

GG valve. :angry:

Without flaming you.

This means NOTHING.

Haha, very funny. I cant wait for half-life to be released on sept 22!

Yep, its going to be sep 22! Always sep 22!
:LOL:

The official release date as has been quoted by Valve is Summer/Fall. They haven't been more specific than this so as it stands, there is no date.

Considering Valve have never set a release date to a specific day...

Oh, and just to give you all an indication of how varied these retailer dates are:

play.com 24/09/2004
Amazon.com 01/11/2004
gameplay.co.uk 24/09/2004
newegg.com 02/11/2004
hmv.co.uk 08/10/2004
pc.ign.com 01/09/2004
Gamesdomain 21/09/2004
computerandvideogames.com 31/12/2004

Why must the one game I'm passionate about be so fickle; why couldn't I be passionate about doom 3. Why why.

And before a smart ass flames me, i'm using passionate in the most lose sense of the term.

Chris_D said:
The official release date as has been quoted by Valve is Summer/Fall. They haven't been more specific than this so as it stands, there is no date.

Just curious, when did they switch it to "Summer/Fall"? The last official word I heard was just plain, "Summer."

Neutrino said:
Just curious, when did they switch it to "Summer/Fall"? The last official word I heard was just plain, "Summer."

I think it's always been summer/fall but people kinda like to be optimistic in this forum, so most leave out the fall part ;)

Wonder if Vivendi would hold back Half Life 2 if it doesn't get released next month. Cause Tribes Vengeance is being released in october, and I doubt vivendi would let HL 2 and Tribes go head to head. Would cost them sales.

lazicsavo said:
I think it's always been summer/fall but people kinda like to be optimistic in this forum, so most leave out the fall part ;)

No, I'm actually quite sure that it was just "Summer" and not "Summer/Fall." I remember all the talk about what exact date summer ended on when people discussed it.

I don't think fall has ever been mentioned by Valve. But do please prove me wrong if I am.:)

I think that summer/fall time frame is absolute and complete BULLSHIT. Who give a release time that spans SIX MONTHS. IT"S CRAP, and each time it's brought up it infuriates me! VALVe has no guts, and just putting a date like that out there shows it. The more it's delayed, the less I think it will succeed. I'm afraid we are all headed for one of the biggest dissapointments in video game history, and we're all participating!

Diablo2k said:
Wonder if Vivendi would hold back Half Life 2 if it doesn't get released next month. Cause Tribes Vengeance is being released in october, and I doubt vivendi would let HL 2 and Tribes go head to head. Would cost them sales.

A lot of high-hype games are coming out before the end of the year, so I doubt Vivendi will try to catch a month where no big games are coming out, and come on it's HL2, other games have to watch out not to be released in the same month as HL2, not the other way around.

I think that summer/fall time frame is absolute and complete BULLSHIT. Who give a release time that spans SIX MONTHS. IT"S CRAP, and each time it's brought up it infuriates me! VALVe has no guts, and just putting a date like that out there shows it. The more it's delayed, the less I think it will succeed. I'm afraid we are all headed for one of the biggest dissapointments in video game history, and we're all participating!

The game goes Gold when it goes gold, all the other dates are simple forcasts. An newly discovered bug can put such forcasts of by weeks and months, and the last thing Valve needs is to give us another bullship specific release date.

Neutrino said:
No, I'm actually quite sure that it was just "Summer" and not "Summer/Fall." I remember all the talk about what exact date summer ended on when people discussed it.

I don't think fall has ever been mentioned by Valve. But do please prove me wrong if I am.:)

Nah, lombardi started saying fall recently.

And check your pms damn yous ;(

Neutrino said:
Oh, must have mised that. Thanks.

Oops, sorry. :eek:

I'm not exactly sure, but I could have sworn it's been in a couple places. For one I know HLradio said doug told them that, but who knows if that's true. And then I think there were interviews or something.

I could be wrong though.

Neutrino said:
Oh, must have mised that. Thanks.

Oops, sorry. :eek:
Just as confirmation:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 2:12 PM
To: Doug Lombardi; Gabe Newell
Subject: You know we like the official word...
Importance: High

Hi Doug/Gabe

Can you just confirm the validity of the following statement for me
please?

Confirmed: Half-Life 2 this Fall
<http://www.halflifesource.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8732>
Friday, July 2, 2004 | /1 hour ago/ 13 comments

*/Breaking News: /*We spoke with Doug Lombardi today at Valve. He has
confirmed our reports. Half-Life 2 is expected to be released to Vivendi
in August and on store shelves by the fall. Doug Lombardi said:
Quote:
On the ship date, we are planning to deliver a release candidate to
Vivendi in August and we're hoping to see the product on store shelves
this fall but we do not have a confirmed ship date at this time.

We will have more on this tonight during the HL Radio show
<http://www.halfliferadio.com>! Live show begins at 8pm EST / 1am GMT.

Regards,
Chris Deeming

Hi,

Yes, the following quote came from me:

"We are planning to deliver a release candidate to Vivendi in August and
we're hoping to see the product on store shelves this fall but we do not
have a confirmed ship date at this time."

Cheers

Qwertywasd said:
Considering Valve have never set a release date to a specific day...

Where have ya been the last year bro? They've broken so many dates in the past ive run out of fingers and toes to count them on.

Has everyone forgotten the deceptive fiasco that went on last year at this time?

So forgiving we all are, Valves lucky to have fans like us. I mean that with a deep passion. We should give ourselves a pat on the back for all the rigamaroll we have been through with this game.

weird, there's a babbages by me too. weird :|

Smokey Piper said:
Where have ya been the last year bro? They've broken so many dates in the past ive run out of fingers and toes to count them on.

Has everyone forgotten the deceptive fiasco that went on last year at this time?

So forgiving we all are, Valves lucky to have fans like us. I mean that with a deep passion. We should give ourselves a pat on the back for all the rigamaroll we have been through with this game.

While you are right you should prepare to be flamed by uber fanboys who would honestly still brown nose valve if HL2 was delayed to summer 2005 becuase "we need more time"

lots of those types going around here these days.

Smokey Piper said:

The only defenite date ever put down was September 2003, and I was glad to flame Valve for that. Beside that date, no hard core dates have ever been put down, and Valve said on many occasions that it will be done when it is done.

lazicsavo said:
The only defenite date ever put down was September 2003, and I was glad to flame Valve for that. Beside that date, no hard core dates have ever been put down, and Valve said on many occasions that it will be done when it is done.

no hard core dates, but hardcore seasons. the holiday season for example. or summer. thats not a 'done when its done' statement

OMG Lets all waste our time flaming a games company!!!11! becuase our lives are really that boring and sad and free time is worth nothing!

Its coming out in NOV for sure

Gamespot asked Doug Lombardi and this is what he told them.

Doug Lombardi at Valve. "We're currently planning to send release candidates to Vivendi by September 15th," he told us. The timing's right. "However," he adds before we can get our hopes up, "VUG hasn't given us a ship date yet. Might be best for you to ask them directly. Let me know what you hear."

Here we go! :borg:

Id a loved to make a new thread for this... but getting lenched one more time woulda put me over board....

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/03/news_6106680.html

As we can see from this, it appears that VU has "no comment" and doug wanted to know what gamespot hears back....

So as it would appear valve plans on giveing a release canidate... to VU on the 15th "LOL" and VU doesnt think the game is comeing till november... november... isnt that a funny thing? Havent many retailers moved their dates to then? Could it be, as with doom 3, they know something we dont.

Valve.... - Spill the frikin beans!

/\ /\ /\ Not really. They posted that half life 2 was going to ship on September 1st. Don't put stock in this report.

they talked to doug or so it sas. In which case he sas RC on the 15th... RC's of this type will take atleast 30days after they are gold. a RC is not gold people....

a release candidate is gold when Vivendi approves (after finding no major bugs, which I trust Valve with), why wait for over 1,5 months to release a game that is finished around september 15th !?!?

normally it takes around two weeks to release a game after going gold

greetz KrackHead

abconners said:
/\ /\ /\ Not really. They posted that half life 2 was going to ship on September 1st. Don't put stock in this report.

I mean promising as in a nov release date not any time soon!

krackhead said:
a release candidate is gold when Vivendi approves, why wait for over 1,5 months to release a game that is finished around september 15th !?!?
Because Vivendi must think that a holiday release will yield them more profits...so it's to hell with anyone whose been waiting, it's how can we fill (overflow) our pockets. PURE GREED.

We can't blame VALVe for this...if this is the case and we see this game released in NOV. I will not buy it. I have had it wilth all this crap. I am at the end of enthusiasm. I will be buying some other game come October. The only way I'll buy HL2 is in 2008 off the discount rack. Good bye people, good luck waiting. I'm outta here.

man Vivendi should just tell VALVe to quit being slow asses and get their act together. The more longer we wait the more people are gonna pirate this game i think .. but ima support valve n buying this game ;)

Woohoo! Another release date speculation thread! I'm *so* not sick of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back