S A W

joule

Tank
Reaction score
I'm going to the 5:05PM showing. I'll be back a little late tonight to tell you all how it was.

In the meantime, if you aren't going to see it tonight, watch these...

:devil:

i've randomly decided to never click a "smiley link" again. just thought you should know. i assume your link is to the trailer, so tell me if the movie is as stupid as it looks. not that i really care... whatever.

Sadistically Cruel! Amazing! A pure stroke of genius! A twisted rollercoaster ride that keeps you guessing to the end! Sick! Disturbing! Haunting! Scary! Frightening! Oddly Satisfying!

Those are all words that I would express this movie as. SAW is a must-see. A movie comparable to the ticking-clock morality of Phone Booth and the "escape this room" play of Cube. Saw is quite possibly the most brutal film I’ve seen in long time. Even though it can be compared to movies like The Cell, Memento, Identity, and Seven, it stands in its own realm of "guess-and-check-death" and more macabre to be spared. To be rivaled only by the indie thriller Open Water, SAW may be the best independent horror film to have come out since The Blair Witch Project. It’s certainly better than Blair Witch, and more fun, more gruesome, and more macabre. In a very delightful way.

I don't want to spoil this movie for anyone, considering there is plenty spoilers to be easily told and I'd rather not tell you the unforeseen ending. Basically what it boils down to is, GO SEE THIS MOVIE. If you are the type of person who likes movie spoiled for them, then just PM me.
This movie will go down in my own Top 10 Best Movie List of 2004.

In the end, I was hastily satisfied in every way by what this movie had accomplished and how it separated itself from every other movie out there.
I reward this movie with........................................

94%

can someone rename this thread SAW (NO SPOILERS) please?

I don't want people coming in a spoiling this.

Glo-Boy said:
can someone rename this thread SAW (NO SPOILERS) please?

I don't want people coming in a spoiling this.
If there will be spoilers here, they will almost definitely be tagged. If they are not, then they will be reported to a moderator. No need to rename the thread title.

I wont give a spoiler, just my opinion. The Ending sucked and i noticed a few mistakes in the ending, i dont think it was thought out very well, it seemed alittle rushed.

Just came back from the movies.

What im going to say is very simple and i mean it 100%.

I dont believe i have ever said a movie was perfect. Iv like other moives A LOT and i mean A LOT. But when it comes to SAW there is simply no explanation how good it is. Its perfect you cant complain about anything. I give credit LOTS of credit to James Wan and Leigh Whannell for this movie. Its there 1st movie they were found out of no where. Brilliant movies simply perfect. People who havnt see it GO NOW!

Raziel-Jcd said:
Just came back from the movies.

What im going to say is very simple and i mean it 100%.

I dont believe i have ever said a movie was perfect. Iv like other moives A LOT and i mean A LOT. But when it comes to SAW there is simply no explanation how good it is. Its perfect you cant complain about anything. I give credit LOTS of credit to James Wan and Leigh Whannell for this movie. Its there 1st movie they were found out of no where. Brilliant movies simply perfect. People who havnt see it GO NOW!
I also agree with you 100%. ;)

Tredoslop said:
100%=A
S A W
Holy shit, it's a sign!
I also agree with you 100%.
It sure is a sign! This movie is the SHIZZNIT!

i saw the trailer for this movie. i really wanted to see it with my girlfriend so i asked her like a month and a half ago. she agreed. now her friend asked her to go, so she will be going with the friend instead of me. i know its no big deal but its really making me sad.

i havent seen it... but it seems interesting, but not scary... that's based off the trailers ofcourse

Trailers arnt anything like the movie. Im begging people to go see this movie. This movie desevers the money!

Raziel-Jcd said:
Trailers arnt anything like the movie. Im begging people to go see this movie. This movie desevers the money!
Yeah. I am trying to recommend everyone to go see this movie. It was a brilliant thriller-terrifying and relentless. A must-see.

Wraith said:
i saw the trailer for this movie. i really wanted to see it with my girlfriend so i asked her like a month and a half ago. she agreed. now her friend asked her to go, so she will be going with the friend instead of me. i know its no big deal but its really making me sad.

Go with the both of them... ;)

I saw SAW last night. I was expecting the worst, given everything I had read, but I really enjoyed it. It's not revolutionary or anything, but it was exactly what I expected/wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to people. I actually liked the ending. It was good. Problematic, but good. Didn't see it coming.

I really enjoyed the movie. Having followed it since it was announced I had HIGH expectations, but I was still positively suprised by it. The acting was somewhat lame at times, but the attention to detail and the depth of the plot was great. The deaths were very imaginative (I loved the "razor wire vs. fat guy" thing), and the ending kicked me right in the balls. The movie acomplished what it needed to be. And for those saying it doesn`t look scary, well, I`ve seen pretty much all there is of horror, from old fulci to the grudge, and this is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Go see it now.

It was pretty good, had some things you wouldn't really expect =P

i really want to see thsi too... im going to see it this week for sure the trailer makes it look like a great movie with an original setting

-merc

Your going to love it trust me! Post what you think :)

Saw it only a few hours ago.

Think I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm rather anal about movies ;) I thought it was rather average. I didn't hate it and I would actually recommend people to see it even if just for the ending, but it's not what I would call a "great" movie.

A lot of plot problems, too many inconsistencies, horribly bad acting (and perhaps badly cast). One problem I really had was it was the type of plot built around people continually doing things so that the movie could work, instead of acting how they should have according to any sort of real logic.

But, as I said, I would recommend it.

I really liked this as a horror film, however-
-bad acting
-mediocer script

also im confused about-
SPOILER
At the end the man in the middle gets up and walks out, i understand about his identity and all that. But its weird, he seems "nice" from those few moments. However when he closes the door the guy still in there starts screaming, however wouldnt he be rescued by the other guy anyway when he gets help? More anoying things- when the person kidnaps the mother and daughter he teases them with the gun, however he is not the main killer and is comprativley "nice". Why is he so masochstic? How come the ill man keeps leaping out of hospital to set these things up?

That mask was really freaky, i want it for halloween.

So-
5/5 for being a brilliant horror film
-1/5 for the discrepencies

final score- ****

just finished watching it
W O W
all i can say is that was intense
loved the ending
definately recommended!

Just saw it.
I really liked it but the acting was hilarious. I swear the two guys looked like they were gonna start making out at the end.

The puppet thing on the tricycle is awesome.

It was alright. It's a shame though I liked Cary Elwes from The Princess Bride but damn, his performance was aweful.

They did show a preview for Rob Zombie's new movie, The Devil's Rejects. It's a sequel to his first movie. I'm intrigued.

Fairly average movie if you ask me.. way too many inconistencies purpously put inplace to throw you off guard.. ala:

Trying to make you think Danny Glover could potentially be the killer... if only for a brief moment

Showing the 'supposed' killer so early all but killing any ideas you may have that he's the real killer at all... because why would any movie show the killers face so early on right?

The supposed killer (the guy who's being poisened) getting such a buzz out of being such a ****.. i.e. when he holds the gun upto the mums head. granted it is possible he would be willing to comit such an act to save his own neck, also granted he might be dumb not to realise that a slow acting poison gives you plenty time to call the cops... but the guy just go so much pleasure out of being such an ass I was sat there like "yeah right!"

Back