S.W.O.R.D. - Modification in search of Core Team. (design doc included)

T

Trefall

I am looking to establish a Core team of modders to go through the design document of a mod called S.W.O.R.D.

About:
S.W.O.R.D. is a Gladiator themed mod with its focus on Gameplay. We will be experimenting with some gameplay ideas and build upon that. We aim at starting small, then expanding. We want to think new gameplay, and not redo everything that has been done before.

Current key features are:
New Sword-fighting System
New Health System

My skills:
Musician/sound effects
Creative mind
Homepage designer
Coordinator
Writer
...and I'm taking Computer Engineering school in Programming
(though it is my first year there, and I'm only into basic java programming at this stage.)

The Request:
I am on the lookout for a programmer (most importantly) and an animator. These two will be the most important for the Core team of this mod at this stage. Please email me if you think you are qualified.
If you are a talented Modeller, skinner/texturer or 2d artist, I won't count you out totaly, so please email me.

Contact and Design Document:
My contact information, as well as more detailed info, is avaliable in the Design Document.

Thank you for reading, and I thank you for any comment, good or bad.

Additions has been made to:

Key Features:
Take advantage of the Source physics engine:

Valve said: You could use the physics engine to simulate melee weapons.
Thats great because you can use it to make the fighting system so much more than just
point-and-click-while-running-around-like-a-mad-man like in the HL1 mods.
((thanks to Majestic XII at http://www.hl2modcentral.com/forum/ for this info))

Update:
An experienced coder joined the Core Team, and we are now going through the initial design document to make the real design document.

We strongly need an animator for this mod, so if you think you've got what it takes, please send me an email, or contact me via MSN.

Thank you.

Major Update!
The coder and I have gone through the initial design document, and from our discussions we have now formed a public design document, and a Team-only design document.

We are looking to fill several positions in our team:
Animator
Modeller
Texturer/skinner
2d Artist
Level Designer

Please go to the design document to see if you are interested in joining our team of mature and experienced modders.

Here is the index of the public design document:

INDEX
1. We need YOU!
1.1 Current Memebers
1.2 Open Positions
2. Overview
2.1 Introduction
2.2 What's new?
2.3 Gamplay overview
2.4 Key features
2.4.1 Swordfighting system
2.4.2 Health system
2.4.3 Physics Engine
2.4.4 Stamina system
2.4.5 Dodge system
3. Genre
4. Setting
5. Team
5.1 Coder
5.2 Animator
5.3 2d artist
5.4 Modeller
5.5 Texturer/skinner
5.6 Mapper
6. Hosting
7. Wishlist features (for the future)

News Update:

2 new members:
Prime: artist, with additional coloring skills and Level design skills.
Xardy: modeller, with additional UV mapping skills and Level design skills.

We are currently looking for::
Player character modeller ---> [email protected]
Animator(s) ---> [email protected]
Texturer/skinner ---> [email protected]
Level designer ---> [email protected]

Contacted hl2files.com about hosting.

Other news:

S.W.O.R.D. have decided to go Open Source with their code to the mutual benefit and support of the community.

Our programmer is already well on his way programming the HUD, Health system and Stamina system. He has some really cool features in store !!

Scetches are well under production, sword scetch finished.

The sword model is well under production.

The Public Design Document has been updated

If you have any expertice in the fields we are currently looking for, we'd be thoroughly thankful for you mail and contact! Do not hessitate!

(bump)

Ok, so it's written concept :dozey: what I get for being Norwegian.
(It would really be appreciated with an edit botton admins)

what the heck is wrong with you! there is an edit button you foo! stop ****in spamming and dont octupral(?) post!

Erm, it's only active for 15 minutes after the post is made. Learn before you post...

And your pages don't work. Can't open them.

Yes, edit is only for 15 min. ;)

Our homepage is hosted under www.hl2files.com, they've had some downtime lately due to overload on their servers, they said this would change till new years with the erasing of inactive mods and a brand new server. However, it seems the problem still lingers...

SWORD Team is still in need of:
Animator
Texturer

Update

Mapper
Early Work in Progress from our Training Grounds map.

We thank CyberMan over at the Skreck modification for offering his support, and spending his skills on this map.

Training Ground WIP demo!!

The mod is comming along nicely, and no deadlines have yet been failed.

We are still looking for people in the areas of: Animating, Texturing and an additional Coder to support Ungamed (our current coder). His real life job and school takes up much of his time these days.

hl2files.com's servers was down frequently before new years, with a new server and the erasing of inactive mods, the up-rate for our site has now increesed accordingly.

sounds interesting...best of luck with it...At least there is an innovative and original mod on the way...

This is definitly one of the mods on my most play list, and I wish you guys the best of luck with it.

And, just to let you know, the link to the video isn't working. :)

Back