Saint Gabe?

Private Snafu

Reaction score
I suggest that we nominate Gabe Newell as the patron saint of computer gaming! What say ye?

Ummmm. Is there anyone elce that has changed the face of computer gaming?

Wolfenstein changed it all.. the start off FPS

ok Wolfenstein did a very good job and the 1st doom game was very good for its time. Half Life 1 was very good for its time and so was Unreal 1.

So there are severial other people that helped shape the gaming experiance of today!(but not my spelling skillz)

hehe.. but I think the vote goes to gabe cuz this is a HL2 board with HL fans so..

John Carmack are the ultimate gamecoding god...you dont need anything else.

Saint Gabe Newell, leader of those who have brought the masses the sacred Half Life 1, and now the saviour of the electronic gaming industry... Half Life 2. We the members here at www.halflife2.net hereby declare Gabe Newell the first saint of the electronic gaming industry.

ALL HAIL SAINT GABE NEWELL!!!!

I say we make me a saint. I made game in VB where a random number is generated, you then have to guess it. I know i know, its hard to believe, but it can be done. Of course not everyone will take to making things such as "Random number game where you ahve to guess the random number" (Thats what im calling it) as easily as i have. But i think that over some time you will be able to master it.

I know im going to get flaimed for this but what if(WHAT IF) half life 2 sucks so bad that well you get the meaning. Wont you feel bad about naming Gabe a sait. wait till the games is out 1st before you name any saints!!

well.. we have seen alot off HL² footage and the gameplay looks great. so from what i hhave seen the game will be great. i diont think HL² will be a blooper. I mean valve have spent all thier earned money and 5 years off time into HL².

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Of course not everyone will take to making things such as "Random number game where you ahve to guess the random number" (Thats what im calling it) as easily as i have. But i think that over some time you will be able to master it.

well.... I am responsible for making the most important advance in gaming history..... I once changed the signs on the Wetrix menu selection screen.... no, don't send any fan mail....

methinks we should make Gabe Newall the parton Saint of those who have too much time on their hands and happen to have internet acess and spend their time posting...

:) (sorry everyone....:E)

Why make him a saint though? Whats the point. He was part of a team that made a computer game. Yes a very good computer game. But what is the need?

I think we should make Marc Laidlaw. He made the story of Half-Life. If it was not for him HL would have never been made or (if it was even possible) become another normal FPS that almost no one knows about.
Wolfenstein changed it all.. the start off FPS

What about Catacomb Abyss?

well.. we have seen alot off HL² footage and the gameplay looks great. so from what i hhave seen the game will be great. i diont think HL² will be a blooper. I mean valve have spent all thier earned money and 5 years off time into HL².

... I wonder if I should say it...

Diakitana (I don't even know if that’s how you spell it.)

Course, I am sure valve if fully capable of pull this feat off. But remember Half-Life, those scientists knew it was theoriredicaly possible to create a resonance cascade.

Originally posted by Mitoboy
What about Catacomb Abyss?

Wolf3d and Catacomb Abyss are from the same company (iD) so it dosent really matter. I played alot more wolf3d then Catacomb Abyss, and im very sure that the rest of the world did too. So you can say that wolf3d got it all started.

I began mapping and skinning for Wolf3d....ahh, those were the days.

you guys are on crack.

the Civilian from TFC is the logo of PC gaming.

Back