Scientists creates Supersoldier ..

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
...ants

article-0-0F59237D00000578-780_634x438.jpg

Nightmarish 'supersoldier' ants with huge heads and jaws have been created by activating ancient genes.

Scientists believe the monster ants may be a genetic throwback to an ancestor that lived millions of years ago.

Scientists say they can create the supersoldiers at will by dabbing normal ant larvae with a special hormone - the larvae then develop into supersoldiers rather than normal soldier or worker ants.

1586411.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...soldier-ants-gigantic-jaws.html#ixzz1icMzWDPo

Somebody get the flamethrower.

Somebody get me an ant farm of these.

Somebody get the guys from Starship Troopers

I think evolution disfavored them because of being sterile from too much steroids.

I wonder if they can do this stuf to other animals bringing them to a "preious evolutionary stage"

They're called Super-Snowldiers, thank you very much! And if I can find some carrots, they'll be destroying you all momentarily!

fdYlN.jpg

I wonder if they can do this stuf to other animals bringing them to a "preious evolutionary stage"

It is possible. I've heard of a project to try to "devolve" a chicken to some sort of dino-chicken.

Can't wait for these amazing scientists to produce dinosaurs from birds.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Oh gods you just reminded me of last nights nightmare where I was being attacked by some huge ****-off sized ants.
Also, *red alert bonus campaign reference*

Somebody tell Stern The Daily Mail is terrible in terms of credibility.

Seriously, though. Them be some big ass ants. Ants we do not need. *Fetches crushing boots*

Maybe we could train them to do minor tasks for us. Like carry small trays and arrange domino patterns for us to jovially flick over as they tumble down with glee.

A use for these Super Ants we may have yet...

These are the rules: everybody fights--nobody quits. If you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself. Welcome to the Roughnecks. Rico's Roughnecks.

Spread out, fireteams. You locate a bug-hole, nuke it.

Zim shouting medic is possibly the funniest repeating moment in the entire movie.

But yeah, giant ancient ants is badass, I want some.

Back