Scout Update

At the point of sounding cruel, check the front page mate...

Still, a thread dedicated to the entire update rather than the individual parts is good.

There's one of them in the news forum too.

Wonder what the downside to the Bonk! drink is, i'd assume it makes you slower after the affect wears off.

That's what it says... you also lose the pistol.

They've added in the achievement info now.

Fall Classic: Cause an environmental death or suicide using the Force-A-Nature's knockback.

Cp_Egypt? WTF?

Shouldn't they have just done that with the other community maps? At least we get a new environment.

Oh, and the achievements confirm lots of things. The Sandman CAN reflect enemy balls. It must be very strong given that the achievement requires you to kill 50 stunned enemies.

Yay, fastlane gets fixed. Apart from being a stalemate fest, it was also a little boring.

Cp_egypt is good. Certainly very different visually from all of the others.

Quick Hook: Kill a player in Well before the round starts.
WTF
First Blood, Part 2: Kill 5 enemies with the First Blood crit buff.
What is that?
Batter Up: Perform 1000 double jumps.
Race for the Pennant: Run 25 kilometers.
Loving these.

CP_Egypt looks interesting... a bit different but sounds good. Also we now know that the Scatter Gun replacement helps the Scout to ascend.

there's this controversy over on the steamforums about this update being a farce, and that instead we're looking at a spy update. it's hilarious haha.

there's this controversy over on the steamforums about this update being a farce, and that instead we're looking at a spy update. it's hilarious haha.

That would be ****ing awesome. Valve should really do that for the next one.

The only problem is that if they release some sort of replacement for the disguise kit or cloak, then it's not really going to help since everyone would know.

That would be ****ing awesome. Valve should really do that for the next one.
That would be so awesome. On tuesday Meet the Spy comes out and all the scout update pages are suddenly replaced with Spy ones and we get both updates at once.

How about a spy update where your zapper actually puts a bomb on the thing, but you're uncloaked for 10 seconds.

I'm hoping the 6th page says everything they've done so far, including the scout update, will now be released for the 360.

No way in hell am i going on the TF2 any time for the next couple days. God i can't wait for all this Scout stuff to die down.

I'm playing more than normally just to kill all those Scouts!

Changes.

Now that I have all the new weapons I feel like they should be changed just a bit.

First off, the SANDMAN.
Very very fun but you can't mele unless you loose the ball first. Perhaps making the secondary fire the ball and primary is the traditional mele.

FORCE-A-NATURE
Almost perfect. Again, using the secondary fire, one should be able to shoot both shotgun rounds at once. Not unlike HL2's shotgun.

That's it. I love using BONK!
Got no problems with it.

First off, the SANDMAN.
Very very fun but you can't mele unless you loose the ball first.

Wrong. You need to be right next to the person but you do not need to throw the ball to melee. Try approaching a wall and hitting it and you'll throw the ball. Pick up your ball and stand next to the wall and try again. Same principle applies to other players. The sandman is a very poor melee weapon either way.

As what, a heavy or a demoman?

Pyro? I rolled a server as Pyro with a medic buddy.

My review of the unlocks.

Sandman

This can basically be used anytime. Someone rounds the corner, nail em with a ball, easy kill with your Force-A-Nature whilst the person is stunned. The aiming is quite easy actually. I used it for a little over an hour, and I was able to Scouts out of air and have them drop to the ground stunned/dead from the fall. It's a brilliant weapon.

Force-A-Nature

I haven't been able to use the jumping part of this gun effectively yet as I'm not sure how one is supposed to do it. Crouch/jump shoot? Jump and shoot? I've no idea. Anyway, this gun is absolutely awesome. I've been pushed off CP points a shit ton, and I've done the same. Ended up helping us win the round in the second point of the second map of Dustbowl by me pushing the guy off the point whilst it was almost capped, and then we got a steady sentry build going.
The blowback feature is extremely nice especially when people are in your vertical space. One shot/two shots will take them off their path and you can watch them fall to their death.
The damage dealt is amazing as well. Works greatly as an alternative.

Bonk

I've not had much chance to use this, but from what I've noticed, it takes a few more shots to bring a Scout down. Once you drink it, you get tossed into a 3rd person view and from there you get several seconds to escape bullets/rockets/anything, but you still move exactly the same speed. The slow down effect is a nice touch to it as well because you need to be efficient with the time you've got once you drink BONK. If you take too long, you're going to be running slower than a normal Scout thus being extremely vulnerable.

Overall, I think this update was much needed for the Scout class and definitely adds some well strategic weapons along with a great alternative playing field.

This is easily the best update thus far.

I just wish VALVe would stop neglecting the 360 players. They fix map exploits and stop hacking for our Left 4 Dead. Why not our TF2?

Again, I only want them to release the first three updates for now, followed by the next three later, which will most likely be the scout, spy, and sniper. It'll be heaven for pyros like me.

I just wish VALVe would stop neglecting the 360 players. They fix map exploits and stop hacking for our Left 4 Dead. Why not our TF2?

They aren't neglecting the 360, they are still working on things. They've finally gotten through that they are allowed to do free updates, so they are finally able to start releasing things. It will come, quit being impatient.

>It will come, quit being impatient.
>being impatient.
>impatient.

360 players have been waitting over a year for any attention and haven't gotten any. We have a right to be impatient. And what's this thing about patchs being free? They've always been free.

Back