Scout Update

As what, a heavy or a demoman?

As an engie. That worked for me at least. I had a sentry going on Dustbowl stage 2 overlooking the middle courtyard that slaughtered 6 scouts before I could even upgrade it. Carnage.

btw Anyone know any good achievement servers in the EU area? Just wanna get my unlocks and get it over with.

I thought they were giving us the updates and the patches in one big download for $10.

Oops, my bad. L4D DLC is free from the news on the front page. Nothing about TF2.

>It will come, quit being impatient.
>being impatient.
>impatient.

360 players have been waitting over a year for any attention and haven't gotten any. We have a right to be impatient. And what's this thing about patchs being free? They've always been free.

Well, if you'd read a bit, you'd realize that the hold up is not on Valves side, but Microsoft's. I KNOW I, or someone else, has told you this before. Valve wants to give for free, M$ says "PAY PAY PAY!"

See why the hang up exists?

Oops, my bad. L4D DLC is free from the news on the front page. Nothing about TF2.

Well, if you'd read a bit, you'd realize that the hold up is not on Valves side, but Microsoft's. I KNOW I, or someone else, has told you this before. Valve wants to give for free, M$ says "PAY PAY PAY!"

See why the hang up exists?

I've known this for a over a year now, you didn't tell me. I've also known for a over a year that it's a **** excuse.

And patchs are free yet our hackers, exploits and bug's still haven't been fixed.

So, the fued over M$ not allowing free content *EXTRA* to be distributed for free is an excuse.....a sham? Huh....that's funny, I think you're just using that as a scape-goat to be pissy. There have been many sources that say otherwise, but since you feel the need to negate it, you're instantly right.

As for the patches, not sure about why they aren't being released. I'd assume they would have to re-package everything differently, spending more time than they probably want to, when they can keep everything neat and orderly so when something does happen, they just throw it out and say GG, instead of making sure everything is going out in the right order/sequence...

Haven't played it at all yet, I'm waiting 'till the weekend so there will be more ejaculate.

Holy shit, I love this update. Natascha + Watchtower = YES. God, I love how Valve can control a multiplayer game indirectly through the release of content. It'll be a sad day when the updates are over and these hilarious couple of weeks after them are only a memory.

Its an alright update, guess its more exciting if your a scout player/generally obsessed with TF2 anyway.

Kinda bored of getting stunned every five minutes by Gucci scouts who are only playing because its the fashion of the month and trying out the new toys.

Didn't Valve state ages ago they didn't have any intentions of adding debuffs to the game?.

Anyone else find the stuns kinda cheap? When i first heard of them i thought they would confuse you making your aim and vision all dizzy like. Instead it just disables you for a bit.

It's been pretty clear that's what they'd do all along. I can't say how overpowered it is not having much experience dealing with them and no experience using them, but I've only been hit once, as heavy when I was standing completely still, and still I managed to unstun before dying and kill the tiny headed ****er.

It way overpowered on ubers. I was camping with an engi in the basement in 2fort and whenever an uber pair came i stunned the medic breaking the uber killing them both before he could re-engage the uber.The stuns should not work on ubers. Ubercharges are critical on clearing out heavily guarded sentry nests having a stun on the medic un-uber them during that period is overpowered.

It's been pretty clear that's what they'd do all along. I can't say how overpowered it is not having much experience dealing with them and no experience using them, but I've only been hit once, as heavy when I was standing completely still, and still I managed to unstun before dying and kill the tiny headed ****er.

Well I went from as a scout really having to avoid heavy-medic pairs to being able to stun the heavy, use the force of nature to blow away the medic, and either try my luck with the heavy, or more often then not, get a shot into him, leg it and wait for my assist.

Even soldiers and demomen are less of an issue if I can get my sandman ball onto their thick not very brain packed heads.

Actually its somewhat satisfying destroying a confident demoman.

Apparently there were some major spy changes that I haven't played at all or noticed.

Stun is crap if your a class that has 125 health your pretty much dead if they get out the force-a-nature
I think stun should have been left out its just to frustrating especially if you are having sandwich partys.

Stun is crap if your a class that has 125 health your pretty much dead if they get out the force-a-nature
I think stun should have been left out its just to frustrating especially if you are having sandwich partys.

I agree, at best it should have made the target run slower when it hits.

At least Valve had the sense to ignore the majority of really stupid ideas.

Bonk Energy is surprisingly terrible.

I haven't got it myself yet but I don't see what it does aside from make people blurry.

I assume its meant to increase your speed?....but I didn't notice any of the "boked" up scouts moving noticably faster.

I haven't got it myself yet but I don't see what it does aside from make people blurry.

I assume its meant to increase your speed?....but I didn't notice any of the "boked" up scouts moving noticably faster.

You can dodge bullets.

It just makes you invincible for a bit. You still run at the same speed in 3rd person with the blur behind you. The only thing it's good for is running past sentry's.

It just makes you invincible for a bit. You still run at the same speed in 3rd person with the blur behind you. The only thing it's good for is running past sentry's.

And even then it's not worth it, since you can't cap or even carry intel while using it.

The theme for egypt is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. But once you get past that, I think it's rather good.

And even then it's not worth it, since you can't cap or even carry intel while using it.

Ever thought of "Sentry Decoy"?

I'd love to have 3 sentry's shooting at me while a couple heavy/soldier/demomen walk in and slaughter it all while you die/get seriously wounded and viola...dead sentry's.

I liked scouts better when they were everyone's bitch.

Made it a bit more interesting to play one and being killed by one seemed more impressive.

And shame on you TF2 community *does the shame fingers* at this rate the engineer "sentry" is going to be a little kitten that gives you hugs with its teeny paws and magically summon some nice warm coco and marshmallows if your feeling a bit rough.

Force of Nature is complete and utter shite, as is the drink. The Bonk stun is stupidly overpowered and will be banned in every TF2 league. Other than that the updates are great ;)

My thoughts:
BONK: I still dont get how could that drink turned out to be this bad. Why did they even call it an Energy Drink? I guess that "power shield" was too cheesy, but it would fit well. Its just like scouts personal ubercharge, you get pushed back (soo, bullets dont hit you, but they push you back, right...), you can stand still, so it means it doesnt require any skill and manoeuvering, you have to stop to drink it which kills you in most cases and the most important part, it DOESNT SPEED YOU UP! I mean, what the hell, I thought that was the purpose. You have low health - you speed yourself up - you run away (faster than the scout that is trying to kill you) - you draw away from him to some safe place.
Now it is like: You have low health - you turn on your "power shield" unable to attack - you run away - enemy scout follows you - cooldown slows you down - youre screwed.
Of course there are some ways how to use it, but I think its wasted potential.
I would just do it like this: Scout who drinks it gets speed boost (150%?), but can be hit, if he is not moving constantly.
Now, I know you may say that its easy to say but hard to make, or that Valve surely tried this option and had a reason not to use it - I know that. I just want to say that current Bonk functions seems to be flawed too...
Sandman:
Please, give me an option to swing the bat with one button and throw ball with another. I want to whack spies without missing them with my ball and wasting it.
Also, I think that they will remove stunning ubers in two weeks :-P
Force A Nature: Please give me the option of shooting both shots with right button. Also, even thought it has cool looking and sound and pushing people around is kinda fun, you will soon find out its no match for old trusty scattergun. Limited ammo is enough, it needs at least the same damage as scattergun.

Overall Im dissapointed. Its not horrible, but as a scout fan and player, I expected something more.

I don't understand why the sandman stuns more at long range. Now scouts act like snipers. It's more effective on defense, even though scouts are primarily an offensive class. Also, BONK really needs to make the scout faster.

The two new maps are fun, but have some flaws. Junction is too dark and I can't see other players much of the time. I can't find my teammates and enemies sneak up on me. Egypt is fun and pretty well balanced, but needs a broader visual pallette. Almost all the textures are the exact same color. There are no landmarks and no sense of direction. It's like a stone version of a hedge maze.

Maybe Valve used the sandman because they were getting a bit too used to the whole "You get attacked and only your teammates can save you" thing from L4D. They're probably trying to encourage teamwork but are forgetting that 16 people can do more damage than 4 people.

Back