Screenshots(! ! !)

feelsgoodman, more coal for my never ending supply.

mc81.png

EDIT: Found this like two minutes later. The cave I was in actually didn't lead to it, but passed right on the outside. If it weren't for a single block of mossy cobblestone I would have missed it.

mc82.png

This is a freakin' cave. It's the huge one Raz pointed out on the cave map. Kazsymonds located it in game. I teleported over there to see a cave in the ground. That's what you see in the picture. Then I looked up only to realize I was already in a goddamned cave. It's that ****ing huge.

mc83.jpg

That's awesome! Defiantly keep that cave away from major development... like the lava falls. It can be our Carlsbad Caverns

I might do guided tours! Its quite a hike, but it has to be seen!

I love when trees are clumped together like this.

mc84.jpg

Installed the doku pack. I like it more than the painterly pack.

mc85.jpg

Edit: Here's an image of the sun/moon in doku pack. It's awesome because the sun is round and the moon is a crescent shape. Anything, but square.

Spoilerd cus it's big.

mc86.jpg

Edit #2: Just when I though doku pack was perfect, the ****ing brick block is all glitchy as hell. In the corner of the brick, there's a moving flame. :|

Started a new solo game since I hadn't played one in a while, got one of those awesome glitchy worlds with tons of sheer cliff faces and floating structures. Came across this awesome future site of my house not far from spawn. :D

thing.jpg

I must be having crafter's block, because I have no ideas for anything.

mc85.jpg

Edit: Here's an image of the sun/moon in doku pack. It's awesome because the sun is round and the moon is a crescent shape. Anything, but square.

Spoilerd cus it's big.

mc86.jpg

Edit #2: Just when I though doku pack was perfect, the ****ing brick block is all glitchy as hell. In the corner of the brick, there's a moving flame. :|

That's not a glitch, as far as I can tell it's intentional. Dunno the reason behind it though. I love about half of the doku textures and hate the other half. I might make a custom set combining the good parts of doku with painterly sometime when I'm not lazy.

Oh and if you missed it in the Minecraft megathread, apparently doku is the younger brother of longtime Halflife2.netter Warbie.

Eh fair enough.

Ennui said:
I might make a custom set combining the good parts of doku with painterly
plfrontier1.png

THEY'RE NOT THE SAME STYYYYLLLLEE

DOKU IS ZELDA PAINTERLY IS CLASSIC

I know. Why does that preclude me from merging them? Oh, right, it doesn't :upstare:

i just today switched to the doku pack. how on earth did i last so long with the original game aesthetic? this looks so much better.

I love when stone appears naturally above ground. Especially when surrounded by trees.

mc91.jpg

That's not a glitch, as far as I can tell it's intentional.
Nope, it's a glitch on notch's part since Doku is a higher resolution than default and he hasn't added proper support for high res packs. I posted a fix in the Minecraft = Love thread, it's still the latest post. Haven't been using it myself though, since you have to replace the water/lava with default to make them animate, and they just look wrong next to Doku textures.

THEY'RE NOT THE SAME STYYYYLLLLEE

DOKU IS ZELDA PAINTERLY IS CLASSIC
More importantly, painterly is 16x16 pix per block, and Doku is 32x32. :)

Someone made a low res Doku conversion but it looks pretty ugly.

This is all my stuff so far..

minecraftlobster1.jpg

I noticed not many people do fence stacking like this..

minecraftlobster3.jpg

All you have to do is build the structure out of dirt, then lay the fence on the top surface, break the layer beneath, and repeat untill you hit the bottom..

I also used it to make interesting support pillars..

minecraftlobster2.jpg

You can also make single width poles like this, they don't always function correctly, leaving invisible sections here and there, you just have to play around with it.

minecraftlobster4.jpg

(MSPaint Fail) =)

I stopped using fences when I kept getting stuck on the top of them

I love your place lobster. I like your creative usage of fences.

Did anyone notice the mossy stone in painterly has faces on it?

mc92.png

Man, Painterly Mossy Cobble is pretty ugly. I very much prefer the original.

They should just rename it to creeper face stone.

Yeah, the customizer is pretty cool, but I'm partial to Quandary February for the moment. In other news, I found this while looking for a supply of clay.
qKGMk.jpg

I need to stop exploring for clay. I end up finding things I want to make projects out of.
E3x6n.jpg

Hjvno.jpg

VcbwD.jpg

A7ord.jpg

Easily the coolest place I've seen yet, and it doesn't even have lavafalls.

Jesustoast.... I got you beat... beat bad!

Picture 7.jpg
Picture 5.jpg
Picture 15.jpg
Picture 14.jpg

All of these are in the same area. take about 5 minutes to walk past all of them.

question: how the hell to you post your pictures so you can seen them in-thread?

Use
around the url of the picture.

Also I liked the first shot of those four.

But these were from my desktop and not a website. is that an issue, or is there something I don't know?

Re-host them on a website like tinypic or imageshack first. Much easier.

Back