Screenshots(! ! !)

My house(WiP)
mansionfront.jpg

The road that leads to my house from spawn.
roadtohome.jpg

Staircase for my underground project.
outerstairs.jpg

I can't see!

Edit: My friend made me join his server. I made this in about an hour:

blinky_day.png

blinky.png

blinky_lighting.png

Eventually all our map is going to be is lava under glass.

I knew naming it Tree of Light would lead to an ironic misfortune. Farewell! May I one day build you higher and brighter!

Bridged pathway from my home to The Deadly Desert

20101123142825capture.jpg

Why oh why did I have to make lunch immediately after trapping you in a box :(

Someone must have misplaced a lava block in the mp server.

mc105.jpg

I've seen that picture atleast a hundred times. I thought it had made it's way to everyone by now.

I've seen that picture atleast a hundred times. I thought it had made it's way to everyone by now.

No to me I guess.
I'll erase my shame.

I still think a project like that would be awesome.

Did the guy make that himself?

bVXFz.jpg

I've spent the past two days exploring this cave system and this is what I found just before I called it quits for today. The best part about having to use the Tiny setting is that you get a sneak peek of what's ahead.

bVXFz.jpg

I've spent the past two days exploring this cave system and this is what I found just before I called it quits for today. The best part about having to use the Tiny setting is that you get a sneak peek of what's ahead.

I have a cave system like that... two actually. they aren't as vertical as yours (meaning yours is cooler) but they are similar.

Wow that's really cool. I thought that sand broke into cubes(like gravel does) when over a torch, but maybe it just does that to falling sand..

Torches and sand can be used for some fiendish trap making, a water collapsing torch that props up a collapsible floor of sand over a lava pit is a great multiplayer defense mechanism. As I found out.

wouldn't sandstone be easier to work with?

I was like, the hell is sandstone? Then I went back and looked at the minecraft wiki.

Oh well, I'm already taking pride in the challenge of working with sand.

And @Quix, it does get "harvested" by falling onto a torch just like sand, but you can place it directly on the torch and it will be stable.

Some more WIP screenshots (I switched to the better lighting mod obv):

My sphere in progress:
c57ML.jpg

My grass creep trail (want the sphere to house a little oasis on the rooftop)
WzPav.jpg

View from the front showing the long road to the subway exit (I'm like the only one still building on Pi's server btw)
TddbC.jpg

Some moar

Front door (note the dispenser to the right, it shoots arrows)
cIAZq.jpg

Outer dome sanctuary
LSS5D.jpg

Inner dome sanctuary
SES1U.jpg

The roof from the front
EKH8R.jpg

And yet no one ever comes to visit! <foreveralone.jpg[/img]

Hey MuTiod_MaN. I went to visit your place and I am impressed.

It was a little stressful because I didn't want to accidentally bring your whole place down, but the sand vs. sandstone aesthetic is noticeable and there is something to be said for sand buildings.

Thanks for stopping by! Yeah the fragility of the whole thing makes it very impractical but after minecraft-weeks of testing the place is pretty monster-proof...as long as you make it in the front door. Did you have any trouble with the doorbell door opener?

Not really.

When I stepped on the pressure plate to the left of the door the opening door would intercept the arrows fro the dispenser.

Other than that it seemed to work fine.

Edit: also my home warp point no longer exists and the basic kit no longer spawns.

I haven't played in a long time, I really should get back on and spider-proof my tower.

Yeah if you hop back onto Pi's server, you'll have to re-set your home and the /kit mod needs to get re-implemented or re-initialized or something.

Its frustrating. I told Pi about the kit issue over a week ago. We haven't had a map render since the first one on this server. We were getting one a week when Hokey was hosting. I really haven't been on the server at all lately. No one is ever on and community projects are nonexistent at the moment, and that is the reason for SMP to begin with.

I guess the enthusiasm we had at the beginning has died down.

That is why I moves mostly to Ravioli's server, but the VIP list is small and we are never on at the same time.

port_and_harbor_by_lord_raken-d39gofh.png

This is part of the city I am building on Ravioli's server (by myself :( )

I'be becoming less and less inclined to put effort into this if no one is ever on to build with.

Anyone here play on Rav's server? We really need more people to make it work.

Go here and get on the VIP list.

Maybe we need to combine communities.....

Back