Serious problems with getting L4D2 working on my mac

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
So I bought L4D2 a while ago but at the time my mac did not have the OS to run it. Since thing it has been listed as "Download paused" which is odd because it didn't download initially. So I finally got Snow Leopard and I go to resume updating but it won't do it. I try to use the play now to get it to finish downloading (even though it says Updating) but it first opens a cash verification window before telling me in another window that the steam servers are too busy. The L4D2 file on my computer is empty. But its still stuck on either Update paused. I got it to say download starting but then it just sits there and does nothing. No progress bar appears on the botom of my steam window.

What the hell? Anyone have any insights?

There should be an option in the properties to "Delete local content" - do this and then try installing again.

I did do that but it is somehow stuck thinking it's downloading. There is nothing in the L4D2 file anyway.

I was thinking about uninstalling steam and then reinstalling it. I think that should reset any foolish ideas it has, but would that delete any of my other games I downloaded?

Well, I don't remember if it will delete all your games. Try make a backup of your "steamapps" folder. Just cut the folder and paste elsewhere. But be carefull! It's a CUT and paste operation ;D

I think that the steam uninstall option give you the option to delete the games or not, so leave that unchecked, then reinstall.

I did as you guys said, and it still has the same problem. I'll try again latter. I may also try deleting anything with L4D2 on the name. I have no idea why this would happen. I could also try leaving it overnight to see if it's just taking it a VERY long time to start (but I doubt it).

I should have never even started downloading in the first place as I was running the wrong OS at the time I bought it. Can I refund a steam bought game and then rebuy it?

Back