setup

G

hey im making my own comp next week i know a lot about comp so it should a brezze anyways whats the hardest part about this?
i heard bios is bad... ect ect so whats the worst part and why?

If you have done alot of BIOS work it should be easy, cause eventually you just know what is supposed to be set to what from seeing it so many times in the past.

In certain cases (literally), managing not to bleed all over the components is pretty difficult. Stupid sharp edges...

But actually, I haven't ever built a computer myself. Just installed all the different components.

its really pretty easy to figure out. dont worry if it takes some time. you can always go back later and tweak stuff.

The BIOS will pretty much auto-detect everything anyways, so that's not a big deal. Personally the biggest problem I had was getting the damn fan on to the CPU. Of course, that was a Pentium III, and the fans then were more stupid (or so I've heard).

yea heh what kinda tweaking can be done after installing everything?

i really should go out and buy building a computer for dummies

Its really simple, BIOS isnt hard at all. And how can you cut yourself on the parts?

I bled on my Ati Radeon 9700 Pro when i was putting it in (damn sharp bits) good thing its red already :p

Originally posted by SpuD
Its really simple, BIOS isnt hard at all. And how can you cut yourself on the parts?

it happens, when i was working in a computer shop i'd say i'd cut myself on systems once a month or so, usually because i wasn't paying attention, and most of the time you dont even realize your cut until you look at your hand and see blood gushing, heh.

Back