Shaun of the dead?

dart321

Reaction score
So, what exactly is it? All I can gather from commercials on TV is that its a comedy zombie movie? Then they says its also scary. Huh? A comedy/horror movie?! Can someone fill me in?

It is simply the best zombie film ever! That’s all you need to know!.. LOL. Bought the DVD the day it came out over here – was the best £15 I ever spent!
Don’t let the title fool you into thinking its simply a spoof though – it isn’t like, say Scary Movie, it has its own unique plot… erm – well OK it may rip off Dawn of the Dead in places – but its way better!!!
Very funny – with some real jumpy (ie scary) moments – also things get a bit sad when everyone starts to get killed near the end. Oh and the violence is uber – blood and innards are everywhere! There’s even a bit when one of the characters is dragged through a window and his innards are torn from his stomach in a remarkably bloody and graphic… yet disturbingly funny scene… just buy the damn DVD!!!

SillyBilly said:
It is simply the best zombie film ever! That’s all you need to know!.. LOL. Bought the DVD the day it came out over here – was the best £15 I ever spent!
Don’t let the title fool you into thinking its simply a spoof though – it isn’t like, say Scary Movie, it has its own unique plot… erm – well OK it may rip off Dawn of the Dead in places – but its way better!!!
Very funny – with some real jumpy (ie scary) moments – also things get a bit sad when everyone starts to get killed near the end. Oh and the violence is uber – blood and innards are everywhere! There’s even a bit when one of the characters is dragged through a window and his innards are torn from his stomach in a remarkably bloody and graphic… yet disturbingly funny scene… just buy the damn DVD!!!
Yes. Quite true. But what if he is in the US of A, like me. He would need to see it in theatres and wait for the DVD release, eh?

Ah you guys haven't got the DVD yet then - muhahahaha - its nearly as good as the film - 100s of extras! 100s of Hilarious extras! The 'Plot Holes' comic strip section is very good - and informative - Hilariously informative! - there's stacks more though - I'm sure you kids over the pond can import it - well worth your hard earned $

SillyBilly said:
Ah you guys haven't got the DVD yet then - muhahahaha - its nearly as good as the film - 100s of extras! 100s of Hilarious extras! The 'Plot Holes' comic strip section is very good - and informative - Hilariously informative! - there's stacks more though - I'm sure you kids over the pond can import it - well worth your hard earned $
Yes. We can surely import it. But I'd much rather wait and have the American version on DVD when it is released.

It's more of a comedy then a horror. I dunno I never got scared while watching it but I laughed a lot. They even make references to 28 Days Later and some other zombie movies in the movie lol.

Nothing beats 'ye ole home grown origional as God himself intended Red White and Blue British PAL Version! muhahahahahahahaha... cough...

It's a comedy alright. Watched it with my 7-year old sister. Not the best thing to do ;) SHE found it scary of course. But for a grown-up, far from scary. Just hilariously awesome in every way.

Edit: It may seem eerie etc at times too though which is quite excellent considering the huge amount of humour that fills each scene practically.

The film is just great. Since I really don't feel like importing a DVD I'll wait until it comes out here.

Does anyone know the American release for theatres and DVD?

Erestheux said:
Does anyone know the American release for theatres and DVD?

It's out in theatres already. :) I'd expect a DVD around Christmas if it's popular.

KagePrototype said:
It's out in theatres already. :) I'd expect a DVD around Christmas if it's popular.
I thought it was. ;( Not playing anywhere near me, I guess.

Too bad Yuri, maybe you'll get to see it by Christmas time if it comes out on DVD by then :p.

I really had no clue what this was when I seen it. I thought it was a Zombie flick or sorts but then it was funny... but still a zombie flick. Almost turned it off but glad I stuck with it. It was a great flick :)

Never heard about this ..
/me crawls back under his nice rock.

If I was to say 'Spaced' how many people here would know what I was refering to?

Dux said:
If I was to say 'Spaced' how many people here would know what I was refering to?

Me too! muhahaha - quality series - been meaning to get that on ye ole DVD as well...

CB | Para said:
Oh yeah? what about Black Books? :p

Bill Bailey rocks. And I'd deffinatley buy Tamsin Greig a drink.

Is Black Books that one where that dude assimilated that "Little Book of Peace", or whatever it was, and became Mr. Peaceful for half the episode?

Yeah hehe :LOL: That was the first episode actually, he ends up saving Bernard from a bunch of skinheads.

"Which one of you bitches would like to dance?"

:LOL:

I love that one. The one with the piano teacher is also good.

Was going to see this movie but then ended not going. Really wanted to see it also.

I thought it was a classic. A film site I post at (JoBlo.com) had a message board Q & A session with the director and Simon Pegg (Shaun) earlier today, you guys might want to check it out.

Excellent movie. Definatley a must see.

"Just wack them in the head, that seems to work"

Dux said:
Probably only the brits will...

Foxtrot said:
Probably only the brits will...

Which is a shame - it being one of the best comedy series ever :)

(Shaun of the Dead just feels like a long episode of Spaced with zombies thrown in :))

I saw it yesterday. Instant classic. Especially the end...
I loved the clips from the telly about "Z-Day", with the shopping trolly zombies and the zombie gameshows... and how he kept the zombified Ed in the shed to play videogames with...

"Whack them in the head, that seems to work!"

Back