Silencer???

I

ikickpigeons

How does the silencer affect the USP and M4? Does it change accuracy, ROF, damage, range??? Thanks inadavnce for the replies.

ikickpigeons said:
How does the silencer affect the USP and M4? Does it change accuracy, ROF, damage, range??? Thanks inadavnce for the replies.

It makes it quieter... Hence the name 'silencer'

i havent used the new m4a1 and usps extensively yet, but on the older versions, it gave it slightly more balance and accuracy.

in other words, it was easier(if you were good) to get headshots.

however, i find mm4a1 and usp without the silencer, t3h hawtter shyt. :burp:

On the M4, the silencer slightly reduces damage, but it also reduces recoil. :cheers:
The silencer on the USP transforms it into a useless piece of crap.

disruptioN_ said:
On the M4, the silencer slightly reduces damage, but it also reduces recoil. :cheers:

Haha, I was about to say the same thing.

The USP with the silencer is the same thing as a silent glock, with no shotgun fire mode.

I had no idea it changed accuracy or power but I do know for a fact that it makes sure people can't pin point your location with directional sound.

If someone is shooting at you with a silenced weapon you only hear the bullets hitting the surfaces and not the noise and where it's coming from.

yes, it doesnt change anything at all besides the silence, it changed the green cursor by making it slightly larger in 1.6 and that change might make it seem different but doesnt change anything about the accuracy or recoil, in source it doesnt change the cursor like it was always intended

It's FACT, that it reduces power and accuracy, but decreases recoil.

disruptioN_ said:

Couldn't of said it better myself.

I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before and it came out that it made no difference on the recoil other than the psychological effect of seeming less due to the weaker sound and no muzzle flash.

I think it does change the accuracy. It doesnt really reduce the amount of recoil, it just changes it or something :p Its hard to explain, but the style how to use M4 with silencer and without is completely different. M4 with silencer doesnt seem to hit anything when shooting how-do-you-say-it-in-english, long bursts. Without the silencer you can just squeeze the whole clip in a row with a fair accuracy.

The USP without a silencer is probably the second best pistol.
The USP with a silencer is probably quite good for cutting cake.

Personally I like the glocks multi-function, faster speed and better accuracy while running over the USP's sheer power.

Silencer on the M4 makes it quieter but weaker, and also less accurate I think (slightly). It has no effect on recoil though. I tend to use the silencer more often because when I play with my team I'm usually sent to flank the enemy, hilarious watching a group of them frantically looking around as their friends are getting killed.

A few of you are talking about CS differences...things have changed in source:

M4: ROF, accuracy and recoil are *identical* with or without silencer. The silencer however, removes *all* muzzle flashing and makes you impossible to locate when taking out enemies from distance (no sound), or when in dark corners.

The fact you are in stealth mode with the silencer on makes you *think* the gun operates differently, but thats not the case. Recoil feels larger without the silencer only because you have louder sounds and a large muzzle flash.

USP: A very good weapon without the silencer, with the silencer you may as well get your knife out.

While we're on weapons, I shall slap Valve for making the autosniper be totally overpowered with too large a clip.

if the silencer has no affect then why is the usp still shit with the silencer attached?

Back