Site down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bear

Reaction score
Earlier today I tried to come to the site and the only text in the new column was something like "something has gone horribly wrong" ? What was that and was the site down because I could not connect to forums.

the site went down for some reason. From what some of the mods have said it sounds like the Server where the forums are located did a quick impression of John Leslie's career. Which must be a different server to the rest of the site which seemed to be working ok

Might have been backing everything up even I suppose?

It was funny though, to see how most of the other HL2 sites out there suddenly went very quiet while this one was down. And that it was a slow news day for them, the most news being this site going down.. Makes ya wonder if most just copy stuff from here for their own sites eh ;)

Many do, you'll notice HL2Files was fine however and didn't report on HL2.net's downtime (I see no reason to point out the downtime of other websites, seems more like laughing at them than for any real purpose of informing anyone). 'Course.. now HL2Files is down while we re-install our main server.. so I sympathize with HL2.net. Heh.

I took one look at HL2Central's forums and ran!

So much spam! The Spelling! The Grammar! It was frightening!

I like these forums and am a creature of habit. So I will not leave or search for better ones nutil these get ungodly bad which they are far from.

Originally posted by The Bear
I like these forums and am a creature of habit. So I will not leave or search for better ones nutil these get ungodly bad which they are far from.

yeah I prefer it here, people are nice, I don't find it boring, and the mods don't act like kids with too much power, which is a nice change these days :)

yeah I prefer it here, people are nice
Heh.. unless you're a headcrab. :p

PHL forums don't hold a candle to HL2.net (and tell HomeLan that so they stop jerkin' you around).

To me it looked like the MySQL database went nutz or some bug in the PHP code.

Originally posted by Fenric1138
yeah I prefer it here, people are nice, I don't find it boring, and the mods don't act like kids with too much power, which is a nice change these days :)

If the boss is oversized kid with braindamage then the mods are as well. :p

Wait now its five.... maybe I can get it to like ten... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back