Slides

cjohnson

Spy
Reaction score
slide1wo6.png

slide2ia7.png

slide3de3.png

slide4da7.png

Here are the 4 slides that are looping in that room next to GLaDOS.

'Arguably Alive' hmmm

I have seen a lot of quotes of them, so i thought I'd noclip into the room and take Caps of them all.

You can stand directly in frunt of the OHP and no shadows appear.
i'm just nitpicking there though.

Also, you're playing as Gordon in those shots, and he never casts a Shadow.

You type impulse 101 in Potal and you suddenly turn into gordan

Have you guys seen the notesheet about the HEV suit in that room? I wonder if I can find the original skin and actually read what it says.

no game made by valve in source ever allowed you to see your own shadow in first person. if you have a shadow then that would just look shitty and not look right. so then yay now i get crappy legs to look at as well so my shadow makes sense.

Have you guys seen the notesheet about the HEV suit in that room? I wonder if I can find the original skin and actually read what it says.

I actually looked at that today... it's the H.E.V. Mark V... now how would aperture get a hold of that when kleiner designs that between half-life 1 and 2?

Certainly would say a lot for the placement of portal in the timeline of Half-Life's events, but it could also be a coincidence of sorts having a random clipboard just lying around in a room you're never really supposed to visit.

I tend to do one of two things: Over-think, or under-think... I've managed to do both in one post.

whoever said kleiner designed the mark v between hl1 and 2

I am not playing as gordon. Shoot a portal in a corner so you can see youself. then change to the grav gun.

whoever said kleiner designed the mark v between hl1 and 2
The fact that you end Half-Life 1 with the Mark IV, and begin Half-Life 2 getting the Mark V, and Kleiner would not have had much of a chance to work on it while escaping black mesa, the original portal storms, or the 7 hour war... so it had to be somewhere between HL1 and 2.

Fuel system icing inhibitor? Borelias = Icebreaker, icing inhibitor?

erm i have the sheet, I brigtened the image to make it easier to see:
hevfw6.png

Doesn't Tell you much.

whoever said kleiner designed the mark v
Alright, mental failure on my part. It's what I get for staying up all night. He modified the Mark IV, but he didn't do so while Gordon had it... so he salvaged one from Black Mesa and updated it, or... designed a new one from scratch.

What you can read is basically what Kleiner says

"The mark V hazardous environment suit is designed for the purpose of comfort and utility...."

For what it's worth, the Mk V was being prototyped by Black Mesa before the RC, according to Half-Life Decay. Gina Cross had tested a prototype version. It wouldn't be unlikely that both Gina's prototype Mk V and Gordon's Mk V shared documentation, since what we've heard of it is all but useless sales-talk anyway. The Clipboard in Aperture could be from a bit of industrial espionage, or possibly even a pre-release taster suit, since Opposing Force suggests that HEV suits were a commercial product.

edit: also, I noticed a clipboard for the lower-leg replacement Chell wears in the room behind the second pane of glass in the Rocket area yesterday. Not seen anyone mention that yet.

For what it's worth, the Mk V was being prototyped by Black Mesa before the RC, according to Half-Life Decay. Gina Cross had tested a prototype version. It wouldn't be unlikely that both Gina's prototype Mk V and Gordon's Mk V shared documentation, since what we've heard of it is all but useless sales-talk anyway. The Clipboard in Aperture could be from a bit of industrial espionage, or possibly even a pre-release taster suit, since Opposing Force suggests that HEV suits were a commercial product.

edit: also, I noticed a clipboard for the lower-leg replacement Chell wears in the room behind the second pane of glass in the Rocket area yesterday. Not seen anyone mention that yet.

Pics plz.

Back