slow/sluggish mouse movement

ktimekiller

Companion Cube
Reaction score
In HL games, and any HL mods, my mouse movement is slow, smoothed out and sluggish without the option being on. I tried turning it on and off, but either changes much. This seems to only happen in HL games that ive tested so far.

Any solutions to this?

Increase the mouse sensitivities?

I enabled 'Disable Mouse Acceleration in Games' on my mouse properties just the other day and got exactly this. My mouse sensitivity is pretty high, acceleration is low, so the in-game mouse settings are typically pretty low. Try that?

Did your mouse come with a cd?

Increasing the sensitivity is an option in HL2 Options. It's under 'Mouse'

wasnt talking about sensitivity, but since we are on the subject, ill explain more.

Its not just speed, its delayed response, and slow sluggish movement. Its not sensitivity

For example, I move left, the response is delayed, and overly smoothed out, as if your turning your head underwater, and keeps going a bit even when you stopped moving your mouse.

A good example is console fps movement.

Have you tried disabling VSync? When I enabled that on my old computer it gave a delayed and slow mouse response. When I disabled it, everything responded as it should.

ill give that a shot

EDIT: problem solved, it was precisely that.

On an unrelated note, upon updating Opera from older to the latest version to latest version, your avatar's animation seems more accurate now (in terms of speed).

Back