So Diablo 3 is fun now.

Higlac

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Loot 2.0 and the recent patch changed a lot of the core gameplay and now Diablo 3 is fun. Things drop that you can actually use, and there's less broken builds. If you haven't played since 2012 then you should pick it up again and give it a try.

I'm definitely sensing a trend recently. How come it takes developers a year or two just to fix games these days ?

SimCity is now offline.
Diablo 3 is now fun.

Yeah I reinstalled last weekend and played for a few hours, they listened to a lot of complaints people were having.

I'm definitely sensing a trend recently. How come it takes developers a year or two just to fix games these days ?

SimCity is now offline.
Diablo 3 is now fun.

Because the expansion is coming out and they didn't want to get rid of the auctionhouse (revenue source) until they had a new source of revenue. If they get people playing the game again, then they'll buy the expansion.

It worked though, I pre-ordered.

On that note, Higlac#1411 add me.

2.0 made the game fun again for sure. Excited for the 25th to make a Templar and play through the 5th act.

So RoS unlocks in 2 hours for me. Anyone else want to log in and play game?

Sounds pretty promising, but i'd rather not pay a large sum of money to play one game. Expansion pack + game = $$$

When did we get to the point where paying for games is a foreign concept?

I'd like to avoid paying too much for a product :V The DLC costs 40 euro + another 40 euro just to get the game itself. That's 80 euro in total for the full product, which I'm most likely going to play for a couple of hours anyways.

btw, I use almost no money money on games. I stick to cheap bundle deals and almost never buy anything that's not on sale.

Well at the very least you're paying for it. A lot of people out there give no shits about just stealing their entertainment. Might be part of the reason why almost everything profitable is online these days.

I agree, but I still don't want to pay 80 euro for a single experience. It's no excuse to pirate games, I know that. Pirating can do a lot of harm to new games. Also, I only "pirate" abandoned ware and games that are very old that you can not buy anywhere. Only lawyers care about those old titles. Well except if you buy the games on E-bay, but then you're not even supporting the devs.

Still not buying. They didn't do anything about the story.

They did do something about the story, if you'd actually bothered to read anything about it. Adventure mode excludes story elements and lets you decide where/when to do things. All you need to access it is clear the game once.

You missed out on the sale. D3 was $20 for a while leading up to the release. Also, I think you may have been spoiled by Steam sales.

You missed out on the sale. D3 was $20 for a while leading up to the release. Also, I think you may have been spoiled by Steam sales.

Nah, I'm just a general cheap gamer. I've never used to much money on games. Except titles I've been super hyped for... :V

They did do something about the story, if you'd actually bothered to read anything about it. Adventure mode excludes story elements and lets you decide where/when to do things. All you need to access it is clear the game once.

I did know that, but that's not quite what I was talking about is it? The story remains incredibad.

Back