So what happened to Breen? (spoilers)

the gman was able to stop time at the end whic we all know.. but i was able to move about in slow motion.. around the location at the top of the citadel.. just be a bit odd.. maybe gordon is becomng stronger? maybe the blue grav gn treatment didn't only alter his suit :].. maybe gordon himself :/

No, i dont think it was gma....was something to do with the singularity collapse...lack holes and stopping tiem or something sceitntific i read

Well I kind of wonder if maybe G-man is not the "evil" charachter that he appears to be, he is simply a man with a job, and that job is to stop the combine, and he'll do what it takes to get it done.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world, I think that is the key for the G-man, his job is to put the right people in the right place.

As for Breen, I hope that they let him die, he's a pawn, a puppet, I hope that HL3 will focus on the real ring leaders, and not the lackies.

I must say I am itching to find out what happens next. HL left me thinking, I wonder, HL2 has left me dying to know where all this is headed, too bad we've all got a bit of a wait before we will know.

Since time is relative, the explosion still happened. Alyx, Eli, Mossman and Breen are all most likely dead. But the G-man sped himself and gordon up fast enough to transport out of there before the explosion was any larger than a house.

Since Gordon and G were so fast, Alyx, the explosion and the rest of the world appeared to be traveling in slow-motion.

I thought Breen wsa the best character in the game. Forget the subtleties of Alyx or Dr.Mossman, this guy was where the best character lay.

Everyone else was so bland... :)

Mr.Wotsit said:
I thought Breen wsa the best character in the game. Forget the subtleties of Alyx or Dr.Mossman, this guy was where the best character lay.

Everyone else was so bland... :)

partially agree with you Mr.Wotsit
the character was very well written and 'acted'.

Breen was Gordons nemesis in the game. but at the same time he was not completely evil and wicked.
the guy was intelligent, eloquent and somehow managed to become earth president before surrendering earth to the Combine.
maybe he was mad, obsessed with the power that he could get by joining the combine ranks. maybe he really thought that this was the only possible option for humanity (aside total extinction) and felt like a saviour. maybe this guy was just plain sadistical sob. too many questions would be left unanswered if he just disappeared from HL history.

I to thought breen was a grand character, he was swarmy and interesting. But if you think about it he is a saviour, he saved the human race from bieng wiped out by the combine in the 7 hour war...he has done a good deed.

But he is an arragont character, but i guess if thats what he believes in...

Samon said:
I to thought breen was a grand character, he was swarmy and interesting. But if you think about it he is a saviour, he saved the human race from bieng wiped out by the combine in the 7 hour war...he has done a good deed.

But he is an arragont character, but i guess if thats what he believes in...

yeah I agree... Breen is alot more intriguing than Alyx par example... And Breen struck a deal with the combine because of his principles and his beliefs... He thought the combine was the next step in the evolutionary chain, and so he made a deal with the combine, plus he would be "head-of-state". If he hadn't they would've wiped earth out anyways so... It was a win-win situation for him.

I don't think he died in the explosion. Think about it... Why would valve kill him or the other NPC's for that reason. As mentioned before, one has got a tad attached to all of em for some reason and just gettin em killed would seem meaningless.

hrm..would be nice otherwise i can't imagine any other main villian to take his place..hl3 can't possibly be without a main villian..makes the whole point of playing the game lose its objective

I think that Breen is dead and Alyx and Eli are alive. Other then that, I don't know.

I don't think that the explosion destroyed the entire city because Alyx thought that she could escape from it. Therefore, it was possible. Most likely the top of the Citidel blew up and everyone attribted the success to Gordon. Alyx was most likely saved by the G-Man in an acto fo Deus Ex Machana.

The G-Man operates in a strange way, he guides Gordon in a way, and observes him from afar. Obviously he can teleport, freeze time, and a number of other neat tricks. But he must lack the power to get things done. So he maneuveres people and situations to the point that it guides Gordon to the target. Hell, he could have been the reason that the teleporter malfunctioned when you were teleported a week later.

But, Alyx is simply a cool Character, and an interesting way to keep us interested. Think of her as a lure that the G-man uses in a way. I see the G-Man as having no real morals. Simply doing what he is hired to do. And doing whatever it takes to get the job done. He could have helped capture Eli and Alyx for example. Or help what's-her-name to turn to Breen. There are all kinds of posibilities there. One of them isn't the idea thathey would kill Alyx off. I just don't see that happening. And don't bring up Alien 3 here. She doesn't have the complexities that live acting requires. There is really no reason NOT to have Alyx.

Just my observations and opinions.

Headrattle said:
But, Alyx is simply a cool Character, and an interesting way to keep us interested. Think of her as a lure that the G-man uses in a way.

good one :E

Headrattle said:
And don't bring up Alien 3 here.

what has alien 3 got to do with it? i must have missed something :)

Back