Somebody help me...

G

goden

So I installed Half Life 2 Collectors Edition cuz i want to make some maps. I was looking for texture files (.wad) but i haven't found any of them anywhere in Half Life 2 folder! So What should i do now?

And I'm using Valve Hammer Editor without SDK Source, so am I still able to create Half Life 2 maps?

Sry for my bad english :rolling:

if you got the collecters edition you must be able to start up the sdk..

hl2 aint using wad files all the textures arent compressed in files they're just in the materials folder so if you wanna find them good luck ;)

Well I am using illegal version and that's very sad :( I am going to buy original Half Life 2 next week cuz I can't play Half-Life 2 online and mods aren't working on cracked version.

You should think about getting the orange box it contains HL2, EP1 and EP2 aswell as Portal and Team Fortress 2 it's great value for money. Then at least you will have no problems modding and using mods cause belive me your missing out and there are still big mods to come.

If you want to map for source, you will need the SDK. Thats just how it is.

So I installed Half Life 2 Collectors Edition cuz i want to make some maps. I was looking for texture files (.wad) but i haven't found any of them anywhere in Half Life 2 folder! So What should i do now?

And I'm using Valve Hammer Editor without SDK Source, so am I still able to create Half Life 2 maps?

Sry for my bad english :rolling:

The first thing you should do is not type words that do not exist, like "cuz". You went through all that trouble and seemed decently intelligent until I read that part of your post. Just a thought, leave those childish spelling of words behind and just spell it out as you mean it and how it's meant to be spelled.

The first thing you should do is not type words that do not exist, like "cuz". You went through all that trouble and seemed decently intelligent until I read that part of your post. Just a thought, leave those childish spelling of words behind and just spell it out as you mean it and how it's meant to be spelled.

it's the internet....go back to your library grammar nazi...LOL ROFL

it's the internet....go back to your library grammar nazi...LOL ROFL

have to admit i'm not really talking this internet words (sometimes I do :D)
but you have to know what cuz means :p as you know your here in a game section.
And even game developers must know this words... they are making stuff for the gamers ;) and have to know what they like

I dont think english is his first language.

Oh man then you would definetly despise the sandbox addicted community for the bf2 sandbox mod.

Hint: LOLHAI!

lolwut ?
The first thing YOU should do is stop ordering people around : )

Now back on topic people! Its 2008 and we've got someone here who's still looking for .wad files!

Texture introduction:
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Texture_Introduction

Everything you need to know:
http://www.hl2world.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page

Good luck man,

-dodo

Back