Someones going around saying there is an open beta

Dr.IndianaJones

Diamond Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is all lies!

I told everyone on the hl2.net Steam Chat about this.

I got a message today about a so called "open beta" to l4d2.

Here is the message -

xpvtlag: L4D2 BETA
xpvtlag:SNIP SNIP SNIP
Dr. Indiana Jones: like for who?
xpvtlag: open
Dr. Indiana Jones: o_O
Dr. Indiana Jones: i dont belive that
xpvtlag: i played it already
xpvtlag: 2 single player missions
Dr. Indiana Jones: its going to ask for my login isnt it
xpvtlag: to log in
xpvtlag: der
Dr. Indiana Jones: sure...
Dr. Indiana Jones: i think i will pass
xpvtlag: ok?>
xpvtlag: peace

Most likely that person got there account hacked. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Also I wasn't sure if this was the place to post this.

Just another phisher. Who cares? Don't make thread titles like this.

It's simple, don't type your account info into any website someone sends you.

Or just don't even click any links from anyone you don't know.

The sad thing that some people actually fall for this.

Congrats, you survived your first phishing attempt.

It's real guys, I did it and played 2 single player missions!

This is all lies!

I told everyone on the hl2.net Steam Chat about this.

I got a message today about a so called "open beta" to l4d2.

Here is the message -

Most likely that person got there account hacked. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Also I wasn't sure if this was the place to post this.

if you visit either of these guys steam page they are pals. they have open accounts with no hidden info so this seems like a joke not a scam.

if you visit either of these guys steam page they are pals. they have open accounts with no hidden info so this seems like a joke not a scam.

If you read the OP more carefully or looked at the OP's steam ID you'd see that he was the guy the phisher was talking to. I guess the OP and the guy in the convo having the same name didn't clue you in. I don't know what made you think he'd be posting someone else's conversation anyway. The fact that they're friends or that the phisher has a public profile doesn't really mean anything. The phisher probably just friend requested him to gain some trust and increases his chances of success.

If it was a "joke" he wouldn't be linking to a real phishing page (which he did, I saw the URL before Ennui edited it out, I've seen it used by phishers before)

ahh gotcha, the two speaking is what i gathered it from. most phishers have zero games and no info.

not really, many many of them use stolen accounts to phish so they look legit

I think his account got hacked, I am in no way trying to make people click the link. I just wanted to give people heads up and warn them.I have since then removed him from my friends.

Phishers will try anything, Steam skins, new games, open betas, FREE HATS. It's extremely tiresome...every single day D:

But this case is a good point, because people do forget that your friends on Steam could get their account compromised meaning a good / trustworthy friend on your friends list could link you to a phishing site and you expect any link they'll send to be safe. Don't trust anybody.

It could be you, its could be m-
eg9860.gif

Back