Somthing familiar...

Lobster

The Freeman
Reaction score
The Arrival - 1996

This resemblence could not be ignored.

co2.jpg

Where is his HEV suit? HUH?

Added: This could probably go to Off-Topic.

OH MY DEAR GOD HE NEEDS TO BE GORDON FREEMAN IN THE HL MOVIE THEY MAKE, HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!!!

Edit: Is that Charlie Sheen also?

Dude on the left looks like Ron Silver, and the guy in the middle is Toby from West Wing, right? Who's our Gordon lookalike? IMDB, anyone?

Hey, we're not talkin' about HL3 yet! :)

Wow, didn't realise it was Charlie Sheen. He looks so different with glasses and a beard.

omg and the fat guy is OTIS!!!!! (even though it's Op4)

Originally posted by Gojin
Edit: Is that Charlie Sheen also?
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0115571
Indeed it is Charlie Sheen!

And quite the West Wing connection, too. Both Ron Silver (l) and Richard Schiff (c) are cast members, and Charlie is of course son of star Martin Sheen. Weirdness.

Okay, first vote for Charlie Sheen as Gordon Freeman in Half-Life: The Movie.

Eerie likeness to one of the teleporter scenes in HL, jhero. Yup, Charlies' our man.

Jay, my best friend back in Vancouver could totally give him a run for his money. Plus he's an engineer. I'll see if I can find a pic.

lol
BTW, Gojin, yesterday you were asking for Barney's voice ---well in original it was Harry S. Robins

HOLY MOLY, HL has influenced so many things! greatest series of games for all time!

Oh my God the coincidences, It's a sign! Is that Half-Life movie thing just a fake one that visitors to the site can make up? Like they submit a title and possible voice actors, etc.

Edit: Awwww, I knew it was too good to be true. They have Blue-Shift and Op4 listed. Oh well :p

This is a great movie. In fact I r-rented this movie because he looked so much like Gordon Freeman.

Maybe one of us should ask if this movie encouraged some of the designs of the characters?

(Spoilers to the movie, read at own risk)
The alien’s real legs (when not in disguise) have the knees backward, like the "intelligent" Xen creatures. Coincidence, yeh, it happens a lot in sci-fi, but maybe it was not.

this movie was made before HL in 1996---maybe HL took info from that movie...

Originally posted by jhero

And Gordon was modelled after Charlie Sheen:)

It would be so funny to see the directors name like, John Newell or Ebag Newell :\

when you first start hl 1 (with out the console), in the intro when the valve ad comes up their is a guy who looks like gorden.

He looks like a weaker skinnier Gordon, but yeah. With a vavle stickin' out of his eye!

Originally posted by jhero
Read the plot outline. Scientist, aliens... it seems that this might have been a source of inspiration (I won't go so far as saying Laidlaw directly ripped off the storyline) for HL. Gordon/Charlie Sheen is just too much for it to be mere coincidence. How has they both been around for five years and we've not discovered this before?

I think we can dismiss the whole Gordon/Charlie Sheen inspiration theory Because after all... isn't it true that Gordon was modeled after Mr. Laidlaw himself?

marc.jpg

but I agree.
It's all very freaky!

Originally posted by djkanuk
Read the plot outline. Scientist, aliens... it seems that this might have been a source of inspiration (I won't go so far as saying Laidlaw directly ripped off the storyline) for HL. Gordon/Charlie Sheen is just too much for it to be mere coincidence. How has they both been around for five years and we've not discovered this before?

Oh, I have known about it for quite some time. But I thought no one really cared.

Did you know that their is a sequal that does NOT star our Gordon lookalike.

Originally posted by Mitoboy
Oh, I have known about it for quite some time. But I thought no one really cared.
Seems you are quite right, sir. PlanetHalfLife even named our boy Charlie their top actor to play Gordon Freeman some time ago (well, okay he was technically their #2 pick, but the #1 was not an actor, and just a bad joke): http://www.planethalflife.com/features/articles/topten/gordon/index.shtm

They even mention The Arrival.

ok djkanuk that's just a bit scary lol. I never really noticed that big of a similarity until that pic.

Back